Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

rewatching the last games highlights, when sancho dribbled it out in the first half amartey went after him for diving afterwards. love the lad. ive always been a fan. solid centre back. loyl servant. never understood why some wanted to sell him. this is clear by the fact i started this thread. one of my favorite players in the squad!

• Like 4

Fact is he looks so much better when played in his proper position and even better when he's got a rock like Evans next to him. He's not a RB and not mobile enough for CDM but has played most of his career as a CB. The last few months are the first time he's been more than a bit-part player & maybe - just like Nacho -  he's one that needs that run of games and a bit of belief in him. If the boo-boys don't target him he's going to be vital this season.

32 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He's very good in a back line aslong as Evans in it with him. I hope we offer him another deal, another 2/3 years would be decent, he's only 26 after all.

Feels as though he should be 27/28. I realised Castagne is only 25 earlier today. Some players just feel older than they are 

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Said it before, genuinely our best centre back this season. Sure he's limited with the ball at his feet but he can actually defend and is mobile. Same with Hamza really, never get the grief, mans a squad player who regularly fills the role well

I was with you all the way until your last word!

Not the best of nights for the big Dan lovers eh?

Another three goals shipped in and he looked very suspect 

The season is panning out like I said it would. Defensively we are naff and will concede far too many goals. But at the other end we’ll score enough to be ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Col city fan said:

Yes it’s always very impressive when any side concedes yet another three goals 

Bit confused Col. Did the side (of which half the outfield players were defenders) concede three, or was it really down to Dan as per your previous post?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Of course it was all his fault. 🙄 But let's ignore the deflection, Soyuncu and Thomas pissing about, and Vestergaard's  mannequin impression. 

I’m not saying it’s all his fault. But let’s not ignore the fact that the team conceded three more goals this season with a team containing Big Dan at CB, with two in the first half. As I said, it’s a bloody good job we score em too 

Ignore it as much as you want. This team concedes too many goals 

Edited by Col city fan

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The season is panning out like I said it would. Defensively we are naff and will concede far too many goals. But at the other end we’ll score enough to be ok.

one deflected shot that was going no where, one stupid mistake for cags, and one where vesti just wasnt doing his job. Not saying Amartey is some elite defender, but he personally did ok today. No doubt he will be dropped when Fofana is back, but in my mind he is definitely better than Vesti. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We best get looking for an Evans replacement in January then, clearly not up to it and he’s a guaranteed starter 🙄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m not saying it’s all his fault. But let’s not ignore the fact that the team conceded three more goals this season with a team containing Big Dan at CB, with two in the first half. As I said, it’s a bloody good job we score em too 

Let's not also forget that we've not won a game in the league or Europe this season without him I don't think? So although he's hardly a defensive colossus, we have serious defensive issues yet when he plays we are seemingly less bad than when he doesn't and I'm perhaps putting that down to him knowing his limitations.

Look just how many goals we've conceded from our supposed comfortable players on the ball in Soyuncu and Vestergaard who, however much danger they are in will still try and play out and so far this season it's costing us. Amartey gets it gone or when the opportunity presents itself doesn't look to pass but drive the ball up pitch and away from danger.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another win. 

Thanks for coming 👍

• Haha 3

Thought he had a tidy game again. The defence is obviously a concern but I think if Evans stays fit then Cags will cut down on the errors and Big Dan will do what Big Dan does, be a steady Eddie who does a good job.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes but I'd argue that Amartey is the least reason we've conceded the last 5 goals....First was Castagne letting Greenwood shoot....2nd Evans and Soyuncu keeping Rashford onside....tonight the first goal was an unlucky deflection...second was a cock up on the left and third was a combination of Vestergaard, Bertrand and Soyuncu

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's not also forget that we've not won a game in the league or Europe this season without him I don't think? So although he's hardly a defensive colossus, we have serious defensive issues yet when he plays we are seemingly less bad than when he doesn't and I'm perhaps putting that down to him knowing his limitations.

Look just how many goals we've conceded from our supposed comfortable players on the ball in Soyuncu and Vestergaard who, however much danger they are in will still try and play out and so far this season it's costing us. Amartey gets it gone or when the opportunity presents itself doesn't look to pass but drive the ball up pitch and away from danger.

We just have a bad defence. We’ll get nowhere this season with this lot unless our attacking players keep on performing. Daka took his goals brilliantly tonight but Christ!, look at the space he had! It was just a good job their defence was worse than ours.

If we were playing against a side tonight with a half decent defence we’d pretty much be out the tournament already. 
Whether Amartey is in the first 11 or not, we simply concede too many goals. And the point I was making TONIGHT, was that was another three conceded with Amartey in there 

• Like 1