Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

What I love about Amartey is after one game where he was scared on the the ball, he has learned and looked confident on the ball today. Also ran out of defence a few times. Considering our injury crisis at the moment, especially in defence you would have to say its great to have him at the moment.

MOM by a mile today

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Man of the match again.

He made one big blunder in the second half, which yet again was a pretty poor forward pass. But other than that he was really good, and many times he didn't just deal with trouble, he was commanding in the situation and being accountable for saving our bacon. Also even though I've picked him out for one bad pass, he made several good ones in the game. In fact during his run of games, he's starting to develop a knack of picking up the ball from deep, driving forwards and making a good pass forwards to an attacking player.

He totally deserves a new contract for me. When Vestergaard is back, it should be Soyuncu that should be dropped not Amartey, even though we know that won't be the case.

Amartey has been brilliant in our time of need. Has played in 3 victories and even in our defeat was far from our worst player.

He was ok but let’s not get mental. Norwich are the worst team in the league by a mile and still were unlucky not to score 2 vs us despite barely any pressure.

Against the top teams(or even upper average like West Ham) we will get torn a new a*sehole with Amartey and Vestergard - that’s a relegation battling defence with there.

Hes done a good job and is admirable cover but Soyuncu is by a mile the better defender.

He's looking better with every game which is exactly what I expected from him. 

His passing is very assured, It's a pity he lacks a little pace. 

I think what most fans love about him is his honesty, What you see is what you get. 

He knows his limitations and plays accordingly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He was ok but let’s not get mental. Norwich are the worst team in the league by a mile and still were unlucky not to score 2 vs us despite barely any pressure.

Against the top teams(or even upper average like West Ham) we will get torn a new a*sehole with Amartey and Vestergard - that’s a relegation battling defence with there.

Hes done a good job and is admirable cover but Soyuncu is by a mile the better defender.

True but Dan was on his own holding it together. Vahs was simply dreadful. Thomas is horribly out of his depth. Castagne was off the pace. 

I've always rated him. The leg break v West Ham he was on an excellent little run and growing into the role. Today he looked composed and to the Manor born

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

True but Dan was on his own holding it together. Vahs was simply dreadful. Thomas is horribly out of his depth. Castagne was off the pace. 

I've always rated him. The leg break v West Ham he was on an excellent little run and growing into the role. Today he looked composed and to the Manor born

He did absolutely nothing wrong today and he has earnt his place in our squad for sure but we desperately need Evans back to get more composure to the squad. So crucial , especially when our most talented defender is out all year.

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Soyuncu is the better defender, but in current form, Amartey is the better player. Let's not make the classic England manager mistake of picking players based on reputation instead of form and get found out.

As our key defenders return from injury, I fully expect to see Dan get phased out. But I'd pick him over Soyuncu as it stands. Soyuncu I feel has some ongoing psychological problems related to Turkish exit at the Euros, where he was utterly lambasted back home for a poor tournament. I'm sure he will get over them, but I think a break would not be the worst thing right now. He needs to get his head right.

Hopefully after the international break Evans is back so we can play Evans and Soyuncu in some games. We know as a duo they are great together.

• Like 3

When you are the 5th choice centre back and look the most assured memeber of the defence, then that goes to show the extent of the problems we have at the back at the moment. Thank christ we still have him around the place, always handy to have one or two utility men in a 25 man squad in case everything goes to hell with injuries. Loved the bit in the second half where he ball juggled it over a Norwich attacker the stormed off on a 30 yard run up the pitch into midfield. Was the most entertaining bit of the early second half when we were collectively playing awfully.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Soyuncu is the better defender, but in current form, Amartey is the better player. Let's not make the classic England manager mistake of picking players based on reputation instead of form and get found out.

As our key defenders return from injury, I fully expect to see Dan get phased out. But I'd pick him over Soyuncu as it stands. Soyuncu I feel has some ongoing psychological problems related to Turkish exit at the Euros, where he was utterly lambasted back home for a poor tournament. I'm sure he will get over them, but I think a break would not be the worst thing right now. He needs to get his head right.

Hopefully after the international break Evans is back so we can play Evans and Soyuncu in some games. We know as a duo they are great together.

Can’t argue with any of that.

• Like 1

Big Dan was solid today. not only that he made some good passes and showed a nice bit of skill when he dinked it over the Norwich forward and then made about twenty yards. We all know he is not a world beater but he has certainly earned his corn so far. He deserves to keep his place ahead of Soyuncu who has had a mare the last two games.

I have a lot of time for players like Dan, and Marc Albrighton who are not an automatic pick, yet never moan, and never let us down when called upon. Every squad needs back up players who are reliable and professional. He gets far too much undeserved criticism from some quarters.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s all about opinions ….never really got the views on Cags ….he’s rash and positionally poor plus he does not seem to be improving.

personally I would take Big Dan over Cags as you know what your getting which makes it easier to partner whereas Cags is just hot headed and not convincing …..might be me though 😃

I think Dan is possibly gaining confidence because the heat is off him. The spotlight has turned to Soyuncu in terms of ‘our worst defender’ and coupled with having a good run in the side, Dan is probably benefiting from this.

Man of the match today imo. Apart from that one stray pass (which did put us in trouble tbf) in the second half, he was solid

• Like 4