Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

As with any fringe player it’s always hard to step in and perform an 8/10 when it’s a one off. Run of games and a bit of confidence has done big Dan the world of good. 

not the most skilled but always gives his best and that’s all anyone can really ask for. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think Dan is possibly gaining confidence because the heat is off him. The spotlight has turned to Soyuncu in terms of ‘our worst defender’ and coupled with having a good run in the side, Dan is probably benefiting from this.

Man of the match today imo. Apart from that one stray pass (which did put us in trouble tbf) in the second half, he was solid

Ok , Who are you , and what have you done with Col 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

True but Dan was on his own holding it together. Vahs was simply dreadful. Thomas is horribly out of his depth. Castagne was off the pace. 

I've always rated him. The leg break v West Ham he was on an excellent little run and growing into the role. Today he looked composed and to the Manor born

You’ve made it know that you don’t rate Thomas for whatever reason but out of his depth….really? 

ex premiership footballer Matt Piper had him as man of the match for radio Leicester. 

so we have Rodger who sees him train all week and continues to play him. Matt Piper who has played the game who thought he was man of the match and keyboard warrior paninistickers who has openly said they don’t rate him say he’s out of his depth hmm I know whose opinions are more aligned to mine. 

Give the lad a break, not that he would come on here and read your shit but this guy was part of the FA cup winning team at 19 and got the assist for that winning goal so he should be one of your hero’s. 

Thomas is criminally underrated by some of our fan base. You don’t make the England U21 set up or play in the premier league just because you are a local lad from syston in the borough of Charnwood. 

Amartey was good yesterday and seems to be improving every game. 

• Like 4

He’s a confidence man, he’s always taken time to get up to speed and then been fairly solid when he’s had a sustained run. He just needs to get over the inevitable blunder you usually get in the first few games. 

• Like 2

I have been positive about. Amartey for years.   However, he is probably does not have the potential level of most of our players (although way above at least one player who is regularly selected).   He did most things well yesterday but again he misplaced a pass in a certain area.   If he continues to do this, he is not consistent enough for anything other than short term .  

Soyuncu has been poor recently but has had runs of games where he has been impressive consistently 

It may be that Amartey is a better bet than Vestergaard; time will tell.   For me, he is a squad player currently.  Having said that, if he stops playing loose passes and moves the ball quicker, he would be in contention for keeping his place.

11 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

You’ve made it know that you don’t rate Thomas for whatever reason but out of his depth….really? 

ex premiership footballer Matt Piper had him as man of the match for radio Leicester. 

so we have Rodger who sees him train all week and continues to play him. Matt Piper who has played the game who thought he was man of the match and keyboard warrior paninistickers who has openly said they don’t rate him say he’s out of his depth hmm I know whose opinions are more aligned to mine. 

Give the lad a break, not that he would come on here and read your shit but this guy was part of the FA cup winning team at 19 and got the assist for that winning goal so he should be one of your hero’s. 

Thomas is criminally underrated by some of our fan base. You don’t make the England U21 set up or play in the premier league just because you are a local lad from syston in the borough of Charnwood. 

Amartey was good yesterday and seems to be improving every game. 

Thomas goes through spells in a game. He was infinitely better than his opposite number, Williams whose had all sorts of praise at Man U. 

Amartey superb yesterday. 

Wish Maddison would show some of the character Amartey has shown so far this season....Or what Iheanacho showed at the end of last season. 

The stick this guy gets is a joke.

There's clearly some agenda against him....As it's not his performances that can be leading to those criticizing him.

A bit like the comment about struggling for Antonio's 4th goal the other night, when the game was already gone!

Soyuncu has cost us two goals, in a week, when the game was alive!

He looks the only player in the side at the moment, with the balls to try and bring the ball out from the back.

• Like 2

I thought he was fantastic yesterday, a couple of times he started to take the ball forward and I was starting to think he was about to replicate that Copenhagen YouTube goal. :)

Me and the guy next to me thought that Thomas appeared to be running on empty for the last 15-20 minutes. I don’t know if taking Barnes of on that side didn’t help him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Feel bad for the lad. Should be playing over cags at the moment. Our team should be merocratic. Can't just play someone for the name. Amartey was in excellent form. Play him against Brighton. This is my biggest criticism of Rodgers, doesn't want to change around whatever he sees as fit, even at the detriment of the team 

9 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Feel bad for the lad. Should be playing over cags at the moment. Our team should be merocratic. Can't just play someone for the name. Amartey was in excellent form. Play him against Brighton. This is my biggest criticism of Rodgers, doesn't want to change around whatever he sees as fit, even at the detriment of the team 

Players hit bad form.   Much as I like Amartey, I see him very much as a back up.  Our play is slower when he plays.  Our other centre backs operate much quicker.  Soyuncu has had a bit of a ropey time.  Although he has done a lot of things well, he has been culpable too many times recently.  However, he has class and will hopefully come through it quickly.   For me, with Fofana's injury, we need Soyuncu in the team alongside Evans, preferably, or Vestergaard.

Disagree, amartey passes forward more than Soyuncu at the minute. Cash is a bomb scare and should be nowhere near the 11. Amartey has been good this year and deserves a start. It sends a terrible message to the squad when you’ve got the most out of form player in the league getting a gig ahead of him.

• Like 1

Think we are in real trouble cos i never thought i'd end up of this opinion.

If Evans is not fit, Amartey has to start; need to play defenders whose best attribute is defending. Never missed watching Huth and Morgan more today. was embarrassing watching biggest cb I have seen at Leicester bullied by Vydra

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amartey should be starting at the moment imo

Which shows just what a mess the club has gotten itself into regarding CB options.

I think we looked better with Big Dan and Caglar personally.

When many others were crying out for a right winger, I said over the summer where we needed to focus was on the defence. Nothing I’ve seen has made me alter that view.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Which shows just what a mess the club has gotten itself into regarding CB options.

When many others were crying out for a right winger, I said over the summer where we needed to focus was on the defence. Nothing I’ve seen has made me alter that view.

Welcome home col.

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fofona injury changed everything, they were always going to get another younger CB in and wouldn’t have been surprised if it was Kabak but lil Wes injury and knowing Evans had PF issue they had to turn it on it’s head and get a proven Premiership CB in, unfortunately it’s Vestergaard.

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yep. 

I've noticed too that Cags seems to (?!) have binned off the tricksy stuff for a more Huthian approach (although I think some of his left footed kicks into touch started life as a pass).

Dan was unlucky to lose his place. I think he and Sensible Soy could do a decent job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

The only issue with an Amartey Soyuncu partnership in a back four, is their distribution out from the back is woeful.