Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

7 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Thought he had a tidy game again. The defence is obviously a concern but I think if Evans stays fit then Cags will cut down on the errors and Big Dan will do what Big Dan does, be a steady Eddie who does a good job.

A tidy game does not equate to three goals conceded. A tidy game is shutting the opposition out. But again I can see that this is falling on the deaf ears of FT so I’ll move on

Again… 😆

Just now, Col city fan said:

A tidy game does not equate to three goals conceded. A tidy game is shutting the opposition out. But again I can see that this is falling on the deaf ears of FT so I’ll move on

Again… 😆

I said that Amartey had a tidy game, the defence as a whole didn't, which I also said. There's the individual and there's the collective- straightforward, no?

• Like 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I said that Amartey had a tidy game, the defence as a whole didn't, which I also said. There's the individual and there's the collective- straightforward, no?

No it’s not. Amartey started. Shipping three goals and two within the first 45 minutes suggests that the defence INCLUDING Amartey had a very ‘untidy’ game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We just have a bad defence. We’ll get nowhere this season with this lot unless our attacking players keep on performing. Daka took his goals brilliantly tonight but Christ!, look at the space he had! It was just a good job their defence was worse than ours.

If we were playing against a side tonight with a half decent defence we’d pretty much be out the tournament already. 
Whether Amartey is in the first 11 or not, we simply concede too many goals. And the point I was making TONIGHT, was that was another three conceded with Amartey in there 

I agree but the point you were making was that it wasn't a good night for Amartey and not it wasn't a good night for our defence. We can't continue to concede this many whatever happens. That's 12 goals in our last 6 games. But in the short term if we stand a better chance of winning games with Amartey in instead of Vestergaard then play the man.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

one deflected shot that was going no where, one stupid mistake for cags, and one where vesti just wasnt doing his job. Not saying Amartey is some elite defender, but he personally did ok today. No doubt he will be dropped when Fofana is back, but in my mind he is definitely better than Vesti. 

I think that's called damning with faint praise.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No it’s not. Amartey started. Shipping three goals and two within the first 45 minutes suggests that the defence INCLUDING Amartey had a very ‘untidy’ game.

Best get in the Evans thread and make the same point then?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well, we conceded in the 96 minutes Big Dan played and conceded 1 goal in the 10 minutes Vestergaard was on the pitch and yet you're defending JV in the other thread. Weird.

To say a player can't have a tidy game because others around him made daft mistakes is a weird take mate and I often agree with you!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matty98 said:

The goals conceded were fvck all to do with Amartey, very weird to single him out. :dunno:

This is the Amartey thread which has become full of praise and suggestions of ‘cult status’

Ill praise where it’s due. I praised him at the weekend for being our best defender. I’m also willing to criticise too. I’m criticising him tonight, along with the whole defence for conceding three goals to a very very average Spartak side.

I’m also making the broader point that we currently have a goal difference of minus in the Premier League and that if our attacking players go missing for a couple of games, that’ll only get worse.

Good sides are built on a solid defence. We don’t have one. And all this praise for Amartey, whilst at the same time Vestergaard is being vilified? That’s strange. Particularly tonight I suggest.

But this is FT. I’ve said it before, some players achieve a kind of bizarre cult status on here when some are completely mullered. I’ve never gotten it and never will. The fact is tonight that Big Dan was ever present in a side that shipped in yet another three goals in a single game. Long term that’s a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

Amartey being part of a defence that conceded 3 goals doesn't mean he had a bad game though? The goals were down to a flukey deflection and 2 individual errors by other players. To criticise Amartey because of that is simply bizarre. Just saying we conceded 3 goals therefore Amartey played badly is flawed logic.

As for the point I've put in bold, Amartey has received praise because he's played well and been mostly solid, whereas Vestergaard has looked poor and been at fault for a few goals. So no idea why you think that's strange.

The strangeness is quite simple and clear. We’ve reached a situation whereby Amartey has been at fault for goals, but those occasions are being overlooked on here and prettty much swept under the carpet, whereas literally just about every mistake that Vestergaard is making is being pounced upon and scrutinised. Again, and for the last time, tonight is a case in point. We concede two goals in 45 minutes to a bang average side… Neither Amartey (nor Evans) get an ounce of criticism. They are defenders in a side that’s shipped in two goals… but that’s overlooked.

Vestergaard comes on for ten mins. Makes ‘an error’ and the Vestergaard thread becomes a hot topic once more, relating to completely damning him. 
That’s scapegoating… tonight has been another perfect example of it and it happens an awful lot on here. I just say it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The strangeness is quite simple and clear. We’ve reached a situation whereby Amartey has been at fault for goals, but those occasions are being overlooked on here and prettty much swept under the carpet, whereas literally just about every mistake that Vestergaard is making is being pounced upon and scrutinised. Again, and for the last time, tonight is a case in point. We concede two goals in 45 minutes to a bang average side… Neither Amartey (nor Evans) get an ounce of criticism. They are defenders in a side that’s shipped in two goals… but that’s overlooked.

Vestergaard comes on for ten mins. Makes ‘an error’ and the Vestergaard thread becomes a hot topic once more, relating to completely damning him. 
That’s scapegoating… tonight has been another perfect example of it and it happens an awful lot on here. I just say it.

The strangeness is you going to the trenches to defend vestergaard over Amartey tbh

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Amartey being part of a defence that conceded 3 goals doesn't mean he had a bad game though? The goals were down to a flukey deflection and 2 individual errors by other players. To criticise Amartey because of that is simply bizarre. Just saying we conceded 3 goals therefore Amartey played badly is flawed logic.

As for the point I've put in bold, Amartey has received praise because he's played well and been mostly solid, whereas Vestergaard has looked poor and been at fault for a few goals. So no idea why you think that's strange.

I like Amartey and think he's done OK as a stand in.

But the first goal came down his side and he lost his man clumsily - some would probably say Vestergaard-esque if they didn't have their knives sharpened - for the second goal.

He wasn't the catalyst for those goals, but he certainly wasn't much of an obstacle either, which is what he is there for as a defender, if were going straight to the point...

But don't let that cloud your judgement

• Like 2