Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

The only issue with an Amartey Soyuncu partnership in a back four, is their distribution out from the back is woeful. 

Agreed, but in my opinion the situation we find ourselves in - let’s go back to basics and get the defence right, build from the back etc. 

Is Vestegaards distribution THAT good to keep him in based on his defensive displays? His defending is a joke frankly. 

• Like 4

I said after Norwich away that he should not be dropped.

He has something many of our players have lacked all season, 'Character'.

He was prepared at Norwich, to come out from the back and drive us forward when nobody wanted the ball.

When Evans doesn't play, I actually think Amartey should be the leader in the centre of defence for us.

• Like 1

I like to think I’m not being overly reactive but I’m starting to see him as a genuine starting CB option rather than emergency cover, albeit maybe that only applies in a back 3. Interesting Rodgers started him over Vestegaard, maybe because he’s more comfortable on the right of a three than Vesty but he did really well on the whole 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Big Dan is a very useful squad player, as he’s proving right now. People need to understand sometimes that we need players like Dan, if everyone is fit he doesn’t play but he’s needed and proving to be a capable stand in. 

Plus, I never underestimate a squad man who knows the culture. Someone who's been around, and training with, a winning squad for 5 years. 

He just knows what's expected and what to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like he’s mistreated by the fans over his ability, central defence is arguably the hardest outfield position to come into when you’re back up player.

He’s really solid whenever he has Evans next to him and has been apart of Rodgers most impressive wins, Today and Man City last season.

The absolute luxury we have that a player who seems absolutely fine with his minimal role in the squad yet stays fully committed whenever he’s called on.

• Like 2