Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He can achieve it all here with Brendan in charge. we've already shown we can beat the big teams and we're still moving forward.

If he signs a new contract he'll take on Legendry status here. Going to a new club he'll have to start all over again and only be another good player in a big club. It hasn't really worked out for Chilwell or Maguire going to big Clubs. We've beat them both and gone on to win a few trophies which is why you play football in the first place. yes thieve played Champions league but I'm sure we'll get their also.

I still think if he leaves it will be for the money to secure his family's future and you can't blame any player for that.

We'll never be able to pay him 1/2 mil a week but what we can do is compete with the Clubs on the pitch who can.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it develops.

That would be Man Utd and future England captain Harry Maguire that has played in a World Cup semi-final and EUROs final since he left, and Champions League winner Ben Chillwell?

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jim5000 said:

That would be Man Utd and future England captain Harry Maguire that has played in a World Cup semi-final and EUROs final since he left, and Champions League winner Ben Chillwell?

would be a great point if it was all true, but it aint 

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Pretty confident he already earns more than 100k? 

26 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Pretty confident he already earns more than 100k? 

Think he is on about 65K at present but sure the club will be offering more than 100k considering Maddison is reportedly on about 110k after signing hi new contract last year

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

I was surprised to read in the Athletic a few days ago that Tielemans was being offered a deal to make him “one of our best paid players”.

He should be comfortably the best paid player. He’s our best player, our most important player, in the prime of his career and the only one we’ve got who would get in every other team in the league and his deal is up for renewal. 

If he is actually getting offered less than Maddison then I don’t blame him for not signing. 

100k figure is coming from an article the Sun printed 6 months ago and wouldn't take any notice of the figures the Sun are reporting. The good news is Rudkin is sitting down with his agent soon and hopefully Youri will sign a new contract once the transfer window is out the way. 

image.png.95187703046e111054e22675de0a17fb.png

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do all the transfer windows across Europe shut today too? If so, its a good sign there's been no links at this stage... 

Yes. If you remember they did it last season where the deadline for the UK was the day before the season started and the top clubs all moaned that Euro clubs were able to buy players after the deadline but they couldn't, so they changed it back.

The transfer window for Europe's main leagues close on Tuesday too, with Spain shutting down at 23:00 BST.

In Germany it shuts at 17:00 BST, while Italy and France close at 00:00 BST.

• Like 1