Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not sure I’m that excited by ‘hopeful’. It could be used to describe a situation where they think it’s unlikely, but are hopeful…

For sure, just sharing and its not a hard no, so....:dunno:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Once transfer window is closed I'm sure he'll sign a new 3-4 year deal. 

I wish I was as sure as you. 

What a huge statement of intent it would be though. Come on Youri my boy sign the thing

• Like 1

He's a big star in an ever emerging team. A big money move would bring a lot of pressure which nobody needs.

I don't believe he's a mercenary. I'm sure the club will find a way to keep him here. Plus if it's trophies he wants he can win them all here.

Gary can arrange a years supply of Walkers crisp and a Years supply of Baked Beans. That should do the trick.

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

3 year deal is basically a 1 year extension though, on improved terms, and it'll be the exact same circus next summer. 

It's realistically the best we could hope for at this stage though I think. If he signed longer and then was pushing for a move this time next year, we would be criticising him for signing the contract when he didn't have to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

3 year deal is basically a 1 year extension though, on improved terms, and it'll be the exact same circus next summer. 

But, that 3 year deal means we can ask for a significantly better fee than only a single year left

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Best we can expect, he's clearly keeping his options open. 

21 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He's a big star in an ever emerging team. A big money move would bring a lot of pressure which nobody needs.

I don't believe he's a mercenary. I'm sure the club will find a way to keep him here. Plus if it's trophies he wants he can win them all here.

Gary can arrange a years supply of Walkers crisp and a Years supply of Baked Beans. That should do the trick.

I think you're right, he doesn't appear to be the mercenary type and is a family man. He does understandably seem ambitious and wants to win. Will he get trophies here? It is possible but I think there needs to be a change in attitude to achieve that. Winners go out to win and believe they can do so. Last season, even against supposed inferior opposition, Rodgers appeared first and foremost to set out and set up not to lose. Teams like that have a habit of coming up short. 

• Like 1

Anyone who wonders why Youri is keeping his options open. Giving himself the best opportunity to negotiate the best contract he can get.

Should look a the situation Kane has got himself into.

Best case scenario is he signs a new contract we a decent release clause in it.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone who wonders why Youri is keeping his options open. Giving himself the best opportunity to negotiate the best contract he can get.

Should look a the situation Kane has got himself into.

Best case scenario is he signs a new contract we a decent release clause in it.

Unfortunately, the running down your contract will become the norm I think.

Harry Kane? Well thats why you have a decent agent, the fact he is stuck is down to his agent.

• Like 1