Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance we are going to let him go for a fee less then Southampton have just got for 28 year old, injury prone Ings (25M) also in his last year of his contract

I meant 25m less than we’d sell for this summer. I reckon we’d get around 30/40m next summer (assuming he has a great season) 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

His lack of pace is why he's with us in the first place, we have to get him on a new deal and get top 4 this season and he will stay at least until summer of 2023.

Careful ric. I got slaughtered for saying that a few months ago …. Apparently you don’t need to have pace to be a world class midfielder….. true of course but if you have pace plus the other stuff then you truly are blessed …. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Love for him to move abroad when he leaves but if I was a Man United fan i'd see him as the perfect Pogba replacement/upgrade next summer when Tielemans is on a year left and Pogba has left Man United on a free.

I said the exact same thing.

• Like 1

Think this will be his last season with us TBH. Would be very surprised if he signs an extension with us, unless we get CL. Think it'll still be really tough to get CL this season, unless we win the Europa. 

Presuming we miss out on CL/Europa, think he'll go next summer. 

He's the only 1st teamer not to get a picture in the WH preparation photos, of which there are 38 more than usual, he's only seen as a hazy figure with his back to camera on a Vardy picture so he is there & strange because he usually appears in 2 or 3 at least in less photos....queue the doom merchants to take that as meaning he's off.

Where as my half full cup is thinking the club didn't show because they have 4 or 5 great shots of him signing his extension papers which they will show Monday afternoon to stir us all (team included) up for the WH game :trumpet:

17 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Strikers cost more. Proven Premier league goalscorers cost a hell of a lot more. If youri goes next summer we'll be lucky to get 18m for him. 

I don't understand why this is being laughed at, how much would we realistically get for him next summer if he wanted away? Anything north or 20m I'd be shocked. 

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I don't understand why this is being laughed at, how much would we realistically get for him next summer if he wanted away? Anything north or 20m I'd be shocked. 

Teams like United, PSG, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Atletico would chuck 30m at us next summer and not think twice about it. They'll be getting a world class midfielder who's 25 years old, just about to hit his prime and one of the best in his position. Add to that, he's not on massive wages like you'd get with Pogba and other players of their calibre.

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I meant 25m less than we’d sell for this summer. I reckon we’d get around 30/40m next summer (assuming he has a great season) 

Careful ric. I got slaughtered for saying that a few months ago …. Apparently you don’t need to have pace to be a world class midfielder….. true of course but if you have pace plus the other stuff then you truly are blessed …. 

Great example of that was Pirlo

He didn’t need to be quick, his feet were magic wands.

Tielemans isn’t Pirlo yet, but he’s getting there

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

There would more than likely a host of teams after him, which would promote a bidding war. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Southampton just got £30m for Danny Ings in a similar scenario and he’s nowhere near Youri’s level

If I was negotiating I'd pop in 2 release clauses in for Youri, if we fail to qualify for the Champions league then he can go for 50 million. If we qualify for champions league and he still wants to go then it'll cost 80 million. 175k a week and club captaincy if he wants it.

Whatever happens, it has been an absolute pleasure seeing him play for us and if he moves on to bigger and better things, I wouldn't begrudge him that

• Like 2

On 20/08/2021 at 12:53, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well if you’re right surely we’d just keep him for another year. A season of Tielemans would be worth more than £20m to us.

Edited by Phil Bowman

24 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

That strikes me as a propaganda piece by Wolves to make their decision to part ways seem like a good move 

I don’t think it is. 

I'm certain if he does leave that it won't be for Footballing reasons, He loves it here.

It's just a pity that we're not able to match the crazy salaries of the big four, but we are getting there.

I have faith in Top and Susan to find a way to keep him here.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm certain if he does leave that it won't be for Footballing reasons, He loves it here.

It's just a pity that we're not able to match the crazy salaries of the big four, but we are getting there.

I have faith in Top and Susan to find a way to keep him here.

Completely disagree. If he left it would be for footballing reasons. 2 years we’ve missed out on CL football on the last game of the season, if we don’t qualify again he won’t stick around. A player or his quality could be playing for a club that has a good chance of winning it, let alone just playing in it.

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Completely disagree. If he left it would be for footballing reasons. 2 years we’ve missed out on CL football on the last game of the season, if we don’t qualify again he won’t stick around. A player or his quality could be playing for a club that has a good chance of winning it, let alone just playing in it.

He can achieve it all here with Brendan in charge. we've already shown we can beat the big teams and we're still moving forward.

If he signs a new contract he'll take on Legendry status here. Going to a new club he'll have to start all over again and only be another good player in a big club. It hasn't really worked out for Chilwell or Maguire going to big Clubs. We've beat them both and gone on to win a few trophies which is why you play football in the first place. yes thieve played Champions league but I'm sure we'll get their also.

I still think if he leaves it will be for the money to secure his family's future and you can't blame any player for that.

We'll never be able to pay him 1/2 mil a week but what we can do is compete with the Clubs on the pitch who can.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it develops.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

He can achieve it all here with Brendan in charge. we've already shown we can beat the big teams and we're still moving forward.

If he signs a new contract he'll take on Legendry status here. Going to a new club he'll have to start all over again and only be another good player in a big club. It hasn't really worked out for Chilwell or Maguire going to big Clubs. We've beat them both and gone on to win a few trophies which is why you play football in the first place. yes thieve played Champions league but I'm sure we'll get their also.

I still think if he leaves it will be for the money to secure his family's future and you can't blame any player for that.

We'll never be able to pay him 1/2 mil a week but what we can do is compete with the Clubs on the pitch who can.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it develops.

Chilwell won it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Your right he did my mistake. I was thinking that while I was typing and then I convinced myself he hadn't . 

The old Grey matter is not what it used to be.

Thanks for reminding me.

To be fair it's easy to forget he exists. 

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2021 at 16:22, cruzFOX said:

wrap this contract up City!

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

still think if he leaves it will be for the money to secure his family's future and you can't blame any player for that.

The contract is there for Youri to sign; it will up to him not Leicester.

He is an exceptionally talented player and it is unsurprising if he wishes to test his ability with a club that is likely to be able to offer CL football on a regular basis with a chance of winning (and, let's be honest, City are not in that league yet)..

I don't agree money is necessary to 'secure his family's future' I can't imagine he has been offered a contract worth less than £6m a year, which is more than enough to secure several families' futures.

If he does not sign, which seems likely, it does give us notice a replacement will be needed for 2022/23 - hopefully the City recruiting team can identify someone, unless one of our own shows he can step up this season (as Thomas did last season).