Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unfortunately, the running down your contract will become the norm I think.

Harry Kane? Well thats why you have a decent agent, the fact he is stuck is down to his agent.

Absolutely, any talk of things like gentleman's agreements is either ridiculous or Kane and his agent are a bit stupid.

• Like 2

we hired cambiasso knowing he would be off in a year.  Maybe we should just enjoy Youri while we have him.  When he wants a new club then if we cannot compete - or there is some dream club that he wants to go to then we have to accept it.  Attachment (wanting everything to remain the same) leads to worry, frustration and anger.  At some point Youri will leave us.  We will do our best to keep him but should accpt that we have been blessed in the time he has shared with us.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Anyone who wonders why Youri is keeping his options open. Giving himself the best opportunity to negotiate the best contract he can get.

Should look a the situation Kane has got himself into.

Best case scenario is he signs a new contract we a decent release clause in it.

I’d like to think we/the ownership have a much better reputation than Levy, though. In part, it’s Kane’s own fault for signing a six year deal on the premise of a gentleman’s agreement get out but nobody knows what their relationship is/was like. At the end of the day, he was a bit of a fool to sign a deal that long at that age with no release in writing.

From what I can tell, whether Vichai or Top, we’ve always stuck to any gentleman’s agreement that’s been made. Maguire got his move as promised, as did Mahrez. The only reason the Mahrez situation got as bad as it did was because of his petulant behaviour and impatience. I have no doubt that Youri would be afforded the same agreement should he extend.

I don’t personally have a problem with release clauses in certain situations but the club obviously still feel burnt by Kanté. The problem with that was that he was a bit of an unknown quantity. I don’t even think that Steve Walsh could have imagined he’d be the success that he was in his wildest dreams. Once we’ve had a couple of years with a player and we’ve been able to truly assess their ability and potential, it’s much easier to put a fair valuation on them. 

6 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

I’d like to think we/the ownership have a much better reputation than Levy, though. In part, it’s Kane’s own fault for signing a six year deal on the premise of a gentleman’s agreement get out but nobody knows what their relationship is/was like. At the end of the day, he was a bit of a fool to sign a deal that long at that age with no release in writing.

From what I can tell, whether Vichai or Top, we’ve always stuck to any gentleman’s agreement that’s been made. Maguire got his move as promised, as did Mahrez. The only reason the Mahrez situation got as bad as it did was because of his petulant behaviour and impatience. I have no doubt that Youri would be afforded the same agreement should he extend.

I don’t personally have a problem with release clauses in certain situations but the club obviously still feel burnt by Kanté. The problem with that was that he was a bit of an unknown quantity. I don’t even think that Steve Walsh could have imagined he’d be the success that he was in his wildest dreams. Once we’ve had a couple of years with a player and we’ve been able to truly assess their ability and potential, it’s much easier to put a fair valuation on them. 

Harry Kane also has his brother representing him, the guy wears a three-piece suit to his office to represent his only client, Harry Kane. 

I can’t imagine how this situation could have possibly been screwed up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

One of the best CM’s in the world imo and will only get better. I’m afraid I can see Youri going to somewhere like PSG in the end 

Not sure he's a big enough name for PSG. More likely to replace Pogba at Man Utd when he goes to PSG. Which will break my heart!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Harry Kane? Well thats why you have a decent agent, the fact he is stuck is down to his agent.

True, but would Youri turn down an extra 50k a week which is 2.5m a year, to not sign a contract for a extra year that get us a better fee next summer.

Even in the summer we are going to want 40m, considering Ing has just gone for 25m with a year left.

New contact with a extra year, pay rise and a fair release clause is a win win for all parties 

45 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Said in May he'd sign a four-year deal and don't think anything's changed. It's up to us to prove to him we are an elite level club this season, and if not then he goes next summer with our best wishes.

Was that before or after we bottled CL? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Running down contracts will prove a foolish move for the players in the long-term. Their hyper inflated wages are paid only because of their sell-on value. The businesses that are football clubs need to hold the money in this climate, players shouldn't be at leave to remove it all from the game.

Gentlemen's agreements are pretty stupid really, it's just going to put unnecessary strain on a professional relationship. If you're agreeing something, just pop it in the contract, then there's no chance of any awkwardness or people going back on their word or claiming "misunderstanding"

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but would Youri turn down an extra 50k a week which is 2.5m a year, to not sign a contract for a extra year that get us a better fee next summer.

Even in the summer we are going to want 40m, considering Ing has just gone for 25m with a year left.

New contact with a extra year, pay rise and a fair release clause is a win win for all parties 

If he doesn’t sign then he loses 2.5m (based on your example)

next summer his fee will be suppressed - maybe £25m lower 

whoever buys him will have to pay a v large s/o and agent fee as a consequence. I am certain that his payback for not signing a new contact and leaving next summer will be 5 x higher than the 2.5m he will forgo by not signing. 

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Said in May he'd sign a four-year deal and don't think anything's changed. It's up to us to prove to him we are an elite level club this season, and if not then he goes next summer with our best wishes.

Apart from he hasn’t signed one? or are you stating the obvious that one day he will sign a 4 yr contract, but maybe not with us

• Like 1

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If he doesn’t sign then he loses 2.5m (based on your example)

next summer his fee will be suppressed - maybe £25m lower 

whoever buys him will have to pay a v large s/o and agent fee as a consequence. I am certain that his payback for not signing a new contact and leaving next summer will be 5 x higher than the 2.5m he will forgo by not signing. 

No chance we are going to let him go for a fee less then Southampton have just got for 28 year old, injury prone Ings (25M) also in his last year of his contract

Love for him to move abroad when he leaves but if I was a Man United fan i'd see him as the perfect Pogba replacement/upgrade next summer when Tielemans is on a year left and Pogba has left Man United on a free.

The Danny Ings situation will give us the platform to ask for a lot of money though, assuming he doesn't sign a contract.

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He knows, I think, we’ve often been very awkward to deal with regarding transfers out. He’s winding down his contract to put him in a better position.

Yes, he's been smart on that. However, if we sign two more players this window, I think it puts him in a better position to sign a contract, since we will either 1) Step up and either get top 4/win EL to get Champions League, and I think he is fine staying with us if we are at that level; or 2) not get into Champions League and need a cash injection by selling him for a huge fee.

I think he will sign to become our highest paid player (unless Vardy has that rumored clause to his contract), and trust in the football gods to take care of his career, since he will be in a good position either way.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Love for him to move abroad when he leaves

One of the worst things about our recent rise in profile and financial security is that we're getting towards the point where only really English clubs can afford to muscle our players off us. 

Tielemans is such a good player that there's only a handful of clubs he should be leaving us for, the financial shit show that is Spain seems to rule them out, most of the Italians don't have the cash, Bayern tend to prefer to recruit from Germany and France where its more affordable.

Its really only the English clubs left if we want to be getting the money we should be. Maybe Juve and PSG but eh. 

It feels like he's destined to end up in the North West or Chelsea and that'll suck. 

• Like 2

I agree with many of the posters here that Tielemans is the single biggest reason why we were pushing for top 4 and will continue to be. Without him, our midfield just doesn’t tick. Maddison is more of a no. 10 and needs to play closer to the striker. We have no one like Tielemans.

Anyone else fairly calm about this situation? I can’t see him going this summer. Imagine it’ll be a new improved contract with the caveat of “if we miss out on top 4 again you can go for a decent price if clubs come knocking”.

He’s not going to be here forever so really it’s about extending the time we have him for. If we got another 2/3 years out of Youri i’d be pretty ecstatic. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree with many of the posters here that Tielemans is the single biggest reason why we were pushing for top 4 and will continue to be. Without him, our midfield just doesn’t tick. Maddison is more of a no. 10 and needs to play closer to the striker. We have no one like Tielemans.

Who knows? When was the last time he didn't actually play in one of our matches!?  Rhetorical question before anyone actually says when!

I do agree though, I am fairly calm and think a new contract will be announced next week.....