Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Probably announce it when all other deals are done so that whatever anyone thinks about how successful or otherwise we have been in the transfer market we will end with a massive dollop of icing on the cake.   :thumbup:

15 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Lots of rumours that Liverpool are in for Renato Sanches.

Suggests they're not going after Youri. 

I know a lot of comments can be taken with a pinch of salt, but Klopp said right at the start of the summer that Tielemans wasn't a target for them. The media, ex Liverpool players have all been pushing for him to move there, but I don't think there's ever been any solid interest. I've not read the whole thread, so if someone has posted something saying that are I'll take it I'm wrong. 

On 02/07/2021 at 22:27, filbertway said:

lol I love how people still havent worked out that Youri always looks knackered. Always makes me smile as you can guarantee itll be mentioned once a game haha

I think it's his run, he's got quite a languid looking style unless he is at full pelt.

I forget which game it was (think it was the one before Italy), but he was bombing forward on about 90 minutes to try and get them an extra goal on a counter when they'd basically already won. And yet I saw comments in here saying he was knackered. 

I'm sure he'll be grateful for a break but I think people over-egg this idea he's bolloxed.

Just now, ajthefox said:

I think it's his run, he's got quite a languid looking style unless he is at full pelt.

I forget which game it was (think it was the one before Italy), but he was bombing forward on about 90 minutes to try and get them an extra goal on a counter when they'd basically already won. And yet I saw comments in here saying he was knackered. 

I'm sure he'll be grateful for a break but I think people over-egg this idea he's bolloxed.

The running style is definitely a factor, also whenever a camera goes on his face, he's always puffing out his little chipmunk cheeks and rolling his eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Liverpool fans do not think he is good enough for them:dunno:

I'd wager the real footballing ones do. They are outnumbered by the 'attach yourself in the hope of reflected glory' types, for whom, Tielemans really isn't a big enough 'name'. 

Not too sure the people making transfer decisions at Liverpool pay that much notice to the fans anyway.

3 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I'd wager the real footballing ones do. They are outnumbered by the 'attach yourself in the hope of reflected glory' types, for whom, Tielemans really isn't a big enough 'name'. 

Not too sure the people making transfer decisions at Liverpool pay that much notice to the fans anyway.

It's the football hipsters who want to "discover their own" from the Mongolian 3rd division

• 1 month later...

Class act again today. First time I’ve been able to see him play live for 18 months so feel like I can really appreciate him more this way. His positioning and movement is top class and his ability to get us going is our secret sauce. He’s the reason we are so good. 

Today Tielemans, Ricardo and Perez all combined really well and we’re the fulcrum for making our chances for Vardy. 

Will miss this guy immensely when he inevitably leaves. He’s destined for the very top. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will miss this guy immensely when he inevitably leaves. He’s destined for the very top. 

Just what I thought …. you can see slight frustration that others can’t keep up with what he is thinking …. great talent. 

• Like 2

Get the transfer window shut and quickly! This guy needs to stay with us or we won’t compete.

I’ve said it countless times over the past 2 years but he’s the single biggest reason that we’ve been pushing the top 4 since he came in.

Liverpool are sniffing and if they get him, we might as well just have a 16 team league.

Him, Wilf and Fofana are, in my opinion, the 3 world class talents we have. Vardy in his prime was but not anymore. We have lots of decent/good players and a stronger overall squad but only 3 I’d say would get in a big 4 team as a starter.

Now we have lost Fofana, we even more so can’t lose Youri.

Tuesdat the 31st can’t come quick enough.

Jamie Redknapp just tried to sell him live on prime time tv to Liverpool which scares me. No contract been signed yet makes me worry there’s a nasty sting coming. Please youri!! 🤞🙏

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Class act again today. First time I’ve been able to see him play live for 18 months so feel like I can really appreciate him more this way. His positioning and movement is top class and his ability to get us going is our secret sauce. He’s the reason we are so good. 

Today Tielemans, Ricardo and Perez all combined really well and we’re the fulcrum for making our chances for Vardy. 

Best player at the club by a country mile.

• Like 2