Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Thought he was dreadful when he came on. 

At fault for their goal. 

Sure Rodgers has picked up on this as he often loses track of the runner. 

Teams are now targeting Tielemans as they know he is defensively vulnerable. 

Brilliant attacking and creative talent but needs to work on that side of his game. 

• Like 1

Was more focussed on pushing benteke in the back which could have been a penalty. He’s awful At marking so why is he put in that situation at corners?  We seem to have a real weakness in covering the back post from crosses in general 

Brilliant again today! Love watching him do his thing. Only bad thing was what was he doing after that 1-2 with Vardy where he overhit it to Castagne?! Think he should have shot there. Otherwise a great display and a superb goal. 

IMO he is our overall player of the season so far. When he plays well, we win!

29 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Perfectly timed tactical foul from him today. At the risk of this coming back to bite me we seem to be getting much better at this as a team which seems to be a big part of the modern game

Agreed, but it was his fourth of the season -- next one and he misses a match.  When does that count reset?

Realise people maybe slightly twitchy with the next sale seeming likely as the Winter or following Summer Windows approach,  but is Youri one?

Is he looking for a big club move? Or does he like the life he has earnt himself here? I realise it’s a perceived norm to want the best clubs, but does he feel a big move is needed I wonder?

We saw the best and the worst of Youri today.

Far too many misplaced passes at times, then he comes up with a great strike, all thanks to a wonderful move that he played a big part in.

Wasn’t his best today, but the main thing is that he’s starting to contribute one way or another, something that was missing from his game numerous times last season.

3 hours ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Perfectly timed tactical foul from him today. At the risk of this coming back to bite me we seem to be getting much better at this as a team which seems to be a big part of the modern game

Good to see this but he wouldn't have needed to make that tactical foul if he hadn't been outmuscled off the ball. 

Fantastic player but his defensive strength still needs building further. If he gets that in his locker, he will be the complete midfielder. 

I would like to see him played further up the pitch than he was today and for most of this season. I get that's he's very useful dictating play from deep but i think there is a way for rodgers to get both from him and have him making runs further forward more often as he can be so effective in the oppositions 3rd as we saw today.