Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

When I really stop and look at it I can't believe that we actually landed him here. He's sensational, has the brain of a player well beyond his years and, given his age, the amount of experience he has at the highest level is phenomenal. Saw him outside Quorn co-op the other day too. 

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So composed under pressure, used the ball well and made us tick.

He just looked that fraction quicker off the mark so some of his little turns and passes were great. Lovely to see him do it against one of the 'big teams' too.

7 hours ago, grotenbees said:

read on filbertway.com  

• Negatives:
    • Not able to win in a game you are better than the opponent
    • A bit sloppy at times, especially Tielemans and Maddison not showing enough class
  • Player Ratings: Schmeichel 7, Castagne 6, Justin 6, Evans 6, Fofana 7, Maddison 6, Tielemans 6, Nididi 7, Vardy 7, Barnes 8, Albrighton 6 Subs: Perez

Jesus H Christ. Whoever wrote that please don't bother with match reviews any more.

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely worried we could lose him if we don't kick on further. Absolute rolls Royce of a player. I'd be tempted to vice captain him once Wes retires.

I think he could be the next now to leave unfortunately.

If he doesn't sign a new contract we could be in the position of having to sell in the summer as he will only have 2 seasons left on he's current deal.

He would be a great signing for most of the elite clubs as he's still only 23.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he could be the next now to leave unfortunately.

If he doesn't sign a new contract we could be in the position of having to sell in the summer as he will only have 2 seasons left on he's current deal.

He would be a great signing for most of the elite clubs as he's still only 23.

I feel we could get a 2 year extension from him. If we up his wage, add more responsibility etc. Think we're going in the right direction to keep him for sure

• Like 1

Ndidi and Tielemans is a genuinely elite level midfield, on par with almost anything in the league. Maybe Fabinho and Henderson could edge them but Rodri and Gundogan? Hojberg and Sissoko? McTominay and Fred? Kante and Kovacic? They could walk into most midfields in the world I’d suggest. Tielemans is the player England are crying out for, imagine a conductor like him behind the attacking talents we have, would massively increase our chances in tournaments I reckon. 

• Like 4

He appears to like it here and it seems that he gets on well with Brendan so I feel that that he may extend by a couple of years but truth be told we will need Champions League to keep him for any length of time. Same with Ricky & Timmy, we need top four.

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I feel we could get a 2 year extension from him. If we up his wage, add more responsibility etc. Think we're going in the right direction to keep him for sure

I agree entirely. Qualifying for Champions League football would seal it I think and with certain players coming back we're capable of it, though it will be a big ask admittedly. He's a family man, apparently happy with manager and team-mates, great new training facilities, outside of Liverpool and possibly Manchester City, who else in this country is a better proposition and a happier camp? Agreed there's Madrid and Barcelona but neither realistically have got the cash to buy him at the moment it seems. It's not going to harm him to stay for at least a couple of years with a pay rise whereby if develops at the rate he is, the world will be his oyster.

I was a bit underwhelmed by some of his performances last season. He was a bit in and out. 

This season he seems.to have hit a groove. His balance and strength have hugely improved. He's added that Mendy/Kante low centre of gravity thing of letting the ball roll across him, enabling a quick switch of play.

The two games a week have done him good fitness wise. As discussed before, he doesn't seem a natural 'athlete' and he's purring right now his fitness levels are at peak with all these games.