Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

26 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He’s in the best 6/7 players to ever play for us.

Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Izzet, Ndidi, Lennon and Tielemens for me are the elite. He’s right now in that level of company.

Totally agree with this and it's not hyperbole to say as much. Players in that position often go unnoticed because you don't get so many goals and assists, but the testament to how good players like that are is that when such players play well, the entire team plays well. When Youri plays well, we don't lose, simple as.

He honestly reminds me of a young Toni Kroos or Xavi in the way he plays. His game intelligence is oustanding.

He gives the ball away cheaply sometimes, which is maybe the one criticism you could put his way. BUT for me that's just his style compared to previously mentioned players, Youri is willing to take a chance because that chance often opens up the game. He played a delicious clipped ball to Ricardo in the second half that was a great example. Could have played the tame "Puel" style sideways pass, but no, went for the jugular and Under should have scored from Riccy P's resulting cross.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree with this and it's not hyperbole to say as much. Players in that position often go unnoticed because you don't get so many goals and assists, but the testament to how good players like that are is that when such players play well, the entire team plays well. When Youri plays well, we don't lose, simple as.

He honestly reminds me of a young Toni Kroos or Xavi in the way he plays. His game intelligence is oustanding.

He gives the ball away cheaply sometimes, which is maybe the one criticism you could put his way. BUT for me that's just his style compared to previously mentioned players, Youri is willing to take a chance because that chance often opens up the game. He played a delicious clipped ball to Ricardo in the second half that was a great example. Could have played the tame "Puel" style sideways pass, but no, went for the jugular and Under should have scored from Riccy P's resulting cross.

Kroos is an interesting comparison. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Real Madrid came in for him in the next 18 months. Kroos has hinted at retiring quite early and he’d be a ready-made replacement.

His vision is up there with the very best. He sees the game like a game of Chess and is always two steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch.

Before this season I thought his poor fitness/lack of work ethic would be his achilles heel preventing him from fulfilling his potential but this season he really has stepped up a gear and seems to be covering a heck of a lot more ground. 

That consistency that he's achieved with us might be what keeps him at the club when bigger clubs come calling. We clearly have an environment that has allowed him to reach his potential. He comes across as quite a down to earth guy and smart enough to know when he's on to a good thing. By all means he could make a big move but I think he knows that it'd be a huge gamble and if it didn't work out he wouldn't get another opportunity at a club like ourselves who are progressively moving in the right direction. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd seriously run the risk of pissing Schmeichel off by a) paying him more than him and just behind Vardy with £130-140k a week and b) give him the captains armband officially when Morgan retires in the summer.

Bingo, couldn't agree more! That salary is the least to offer I feel if he'll stay here for 2-3 years on a 5 year deal. I also like Danny ward, cant remember him making a mistake and his reach in goal is better than Scheichel's (cant see him being demoted though until his contracts up).

28 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Danny Ward is shit pal.

There's no way he takes Kasper's place. If Kasper left we would buy someone new.

I dont think he's shit, he's never had a chance. Schmeichel is the best shot stopper in the prem and his ball distribution is quality (mostly). I'd never advocate removing him for Danny ward but I'd like to see ward more often considering we paid £12 friggin stupid million pounds for him.

Just now, UHDrive said:

I dont think he's shit, he's never had a chance. Schmeichel is the best shot stopper in the prem and his ball distribution is quality (mostly). I'd never advocate removing him for Danny ward but I'd like to see ward more often considering we paid £12 friggin stupid million pounds for him.

No point seeing him more often unless we have to. 

Backup keepers are what they are - backup. 

Its a position you don't rotate. Kasper is miles ahead of him - we don't want to play Ward just to have a look at him.

He looks shaky most times we have seen him unfortunately.

• Like 2