Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

In terms of technical ability and dictating the pace of a game from CM, Tielemans is different gravy to anything we've ever had. When he's at the top of his game his performances are absolutely dripping in class. He's taken his all round contribution to the team to another level this season and has become indispensable if we are to hit top gear in a match.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Amazing engine, often kicks of the attacking phase, often drops deep to release defensive pressure of playing our from the back. Hes simply everywhere. Hes absolutely essential to the teams matrix right and id argue he can not be replaced.

I often find myself saying "give it Youri" almost anytime we have the ball. Top man!

• Like 1

Completely running the team at the minute and so mature in everything he does going both ways. Ndidi might be out but we'd have the biggest problem we've had all season if we lost Youri at any point.

Edited by Daz93

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not perfect, as shown by when he switched off for their goal, but he was superb again today.

Bit harsh there. 

Not alot he can do in all honesty also, fofana made it far to easy for him to skip past and Evans could quite easily come a few yards forward. If that happens the shot doesn't happen.  

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not perfect, as shown by when he switched off for their goal, but he was superb again today.

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Bit harsh there. 

Not alot he can do in all honesty also, fofana made it far to easy for him to skip past and Evans could quite easily come a few yards forward. If that happens the shot doesn't happen.  

Yep, even Savage said in commentary 'Ndidi and Tielemans couldn't be seen' in defending the goal. Of course half of that is right with Ndidi's missed interception further up the pitch but Tielemans was there, only a few yards away. However, there's no way Tielemans can guess that it'd ricochet off Fofana like that and drop straight to Rodriguez and get so close to him before the shot is made. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, even Savage said in commentary 'Ndidi and Tielemans couldn't be seen' in defending the goal. Of course half of that is right with Ndidi's missed interception further up the pitch but Tielemans was there, only a few yards away. However, there's no way Tielemans can guess that it'd ricochet off Fofana like that and drop straight to Rodriguez and get so close to him before the shot is made. 

I think Tielemans assumed Fofana would control it like he would do 9 times out of 10, so he moves into space to receive the pass from Fofana. 

Can't really blame him for that as Rodgers always preaches about expecting his players to play with bravery.

But if we were 1-0 up, I would expect him to track James' until we have control of the ball / possession.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Bit harsh there. 

It wasn't all on him, absolutely I agree, but he did switch off for a second which let Rodriguez slip past him. Not putting it all on him though, that would be too harsh.

"Future captain’, ‘quality’: Some Leicester fans hail £33k-a-week man’s display v Everton"

This is the boot rooms headline today and yeah even though it's from them it sums up what I've been saying for a while.

Youri had those fitness issues in that first season but this season he really has been relentless in controlling the tempo and rhythm of every game while scoring more goals than last season in the process. He has probably played more games than most players this season too. His demeanour seems to say he loves where he is right now and I'm surprised we haven't tied him down sooner given than he has just 2 years left on his contract. I guess we'll know what's happening to him in his future over the next 6 months.