Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Kante, Tielemans, N’Didi, Izzet, Lennon, Maddison

For me, the best 6 midfielders I’ve seen play for us. To think that 3 of them play in the current team is brilliant. 

Absolutely spot on. YT is an incredible player. Him and Wilf are as good as anything in world football right now. Keeping both these 2 in 21/22 is absolutely vital to keeping us competing. Huge contracts for them please!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Another 2 assists. The first one was obviously better but I love his weight of pass and vision. There were a couple of dodgy ones but we can blame the pitch for those :P

Enjoying his performances and he's got an engine on him. One of those players where the more games the better. Keep playing him and he's more likely to stay in form. 

Fun fact, these were his first PL assists of the season. He only has one other and that was in the FA Cup. Hopefully these 'misleading' stats put off the bigger teams from signing him... :fc:

7 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

Fun fact, these were his first PL assists of the season. He only has one other and that was in the FA Cup. Hopefully these 'misleading' stats put off the bigger teams from signing him... :fc:

Just now, kyleolly said:

I thought he was slow and ponderous last night 

That's cuz he's cwap and no-one should bother watching him ever...  At all...  Even for Belgium... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I’m sure being 1 yellow away from a ban was playing on his mind, which could have hindered his performance, but he still was top class!

He will be nailed on to be booked against Chelsea, so his ban is for the Brentford game.

I thought this was the case, but apparently it isn't - he'd be banned for Everton.

He’s gone to another level this year, genuinely elite in my view. If I was in charge of a superclub I’d heavily invested in him being the core of my midfield for the next 10 years. Another one where I just think it’s ridiculous that this bloke plays for a Leicester, a’la Kante and pre-ACL Ricardo. 

56 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I’m sure being 1 yellow away from a ban was playing on his mind, which could have hindered his performance, but he still was top class!

He will be nailed on to be booked against Chelsea, so his ban is for the Brentford game.

He will be then banned for Everton. 5 bookings don’t count for fa cup when that is your next game. This is why dacoure is banned for Everton against us

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

He’s gone to another level this year, genuinely elite in my view. If I was in charge of a superclub I’d heavily invested in him being the core of my midfield for the next 10 years. Another one where I just think it’s ridiculous that this bloke plays for a Leicester, a’la Kante and pre-ACL Ricardo. 

I think we might have landed in quite a nice niche with him. To let him go, we’d demand a stupid fee. The market of clubs he could go to from us as a step up is relatively small (the European super clubs more or less). I think those clubs will look at the price and his lack of pace and conclude that he might not be worth the investment.

I think you can see when he plays with Belgium that he suits playing with top teams and players. He'd look even better if he was allowed to just do his thing on the ball. Defensive work has improved massively recently apart from the occasional lose touch with puts him under pressure if he's pressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Have you noticed that Tielemans, and Ndidi for that matter, never really get linked with "bigger" clubs?

Long may that continue!!

If we finish the season strong and Tielemans has a good Euros, I can see it coming. 

He would add so much to that Liverpool midfield. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Have you noticed that Tielemans, and Ndidi for that matter, never really get linked with "bigger" clubs?

Long may that continue!!

Give TalkSport a couple a weeks and I'm sure they can sort that out.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Long may that continue!!

Why would they? We are the bigger club they have been looking for. 😃