Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On 10/01/2021 at 13:33, Col city fan said:

I honestly think the Premier League win was founded on Kante. He was the engine room that enabled Mahrez to play in the way he could. He also made Danny Drinkwater into a better player than he was

Vardy for me is Leicester’s best ever player. But I hold Kante in a higher regard than I do Mahrez in respect of our title win 

Not to mention that Kante made Huth and Big Wes a lot better too. Ngolo protected the centre of the pitch so much that it forced opposition onto the flanks and forced them into crosses which the pair gobbled up. 

His box to box play also covered the weakness of their low pace. 

One of the main reasons we struggled so much in the following season is because Ranieri still had us playing as if Kante was in the team, even though he'd gone. This left Big Wes and Huth exposed. 

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not to mention that Kante made Huth and Big Wes a lot better too. Ngolo protected the centre of the pitch so much that it forced opposition onto the flanks and forced them into crosses which the pair gobbled up. 

One of the main reasons we struggled so much in the following season is because Ranieri still had us playing as if Kante was in the team, even though he'd gone. This left Big Wes and Huth exposed. 

I’m not so sure... If he wanted us to play for the same way, why didnt we sign idrissa gueye? His stats were kante esq and we could have signed him for £7m (release clause). I am pretty sure Walsh wanted him but Raneiri wanted Mendy! 

Different players but Mendy ended up getting injured whilst Gana went on to have an incredible season at Everton lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I’m not so sure... If he wanted us to play for the same way, why didnt we sign idrissa gueye? His stats were kante esq and we could have signed him for £7m (release clause). I am pretty sure Walsh wanted him but Raneiri wanted Mendy! 

Different players but Mendy ended up getting injured whilst Gana went on to have an incredible season at Everton lol

Well we got ndidi at the end anyway so we won, also werent we linked to mendy before we got kante? I think hs was a long term target of ours so i dont think it had much to do with ranieri.

58 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Absolutely spot on

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Well we got ndidi at the end anyway so we won, also werent we linked to mendy before we got kante? I think hs was a long term target of ours so i dont think it had much to do with ranieri.

That's quite right I think and Ranieri went to great pains to say that he was merely the coach and had no say or influence on transfers. 

Good interview, that. I think it's massively overstated about our players wanting to move. The vast majority seem to really enjoy playing here- of course if better offers come along they'll be tempted but you really feel that we make it a great environment to be in.

Always thought Tielemans has looked really happy here. Don't get me wrong, I think if a team genuinely competing for titles came in and said they'd build a team round him of course he'd go, but I think it would take a good offer.

I'd make him captain of the post-Schmeichel, Morgan and Vardy Leicester City and built a team round him.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Corky said:

Good interview, that. I think it's massively overstated about our players wanting to move. The vast majority seem to really enjoy playing here- of course if better offers come along they'll be tempted but you really feel that we make it a great environment to be in.

One of the best parts of the current tenure imo

Very few players now (if any)? are bleating on about being unhappy and wanting to leave.

Personally, I put that down to Rodgers and the owners. We appear to have a happy and settled squad. This to my mind is why it’s imperative we hold onto Brendan 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

One of the best parts of the current tenure imo

Very few players now (if any)? are bleating on about being unhappy and wanting to leave.

Personally, I put that down to Rodgers and the owners. We appear to have a happy and settled squad. This to my mind is why it’s imperative we hold onto Brendan 

I think it started with Pearson- he treated them like adults and gave them responsibility and a voice. Now Rodgers is delivering his own style, added to the ambition of the owners.

I still think we're seen as something of a stepping stone but players are more than happy to join and stick around.

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hate to be the one to inform everyone but he’s on 4 yellows. So almost certainly going to get banned for a game soon 

Resets after Game 19 I believe, so just needs to get through Southampton and Chelsea and he can relax, a little!

19 minutes ago, eblair said:

Post Xmas amnesty not happening this year?

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Resets after Game 19 I believe, so just needs to get through Southampton and Chelsea and he can relax, a little!

Cmon youri dont do this to us!

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Really just needs to get through this game, a booking against Chelsea would see him suspended for the Brentford game. Which wouldn’t be the worst scenario.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Hate to be the one to inform everyone but he’s on 4 yellows. So almost certainly going to get banned for a game soon 

Don't worry with have Praet and KDH to step in for one game:ph34r:

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The first one was obviously better but I love his weight of pass and vision.

The second one was almost identical to the one Maddison had before he went off that he messed up. Tielemans shows how it’s done, right pass played at the right moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark said:

The second one was almost identical to the one Maddison had before he went off that he messed off. Tielemans shows how it’s done, right pass played at the right moment.

Yep, that one to Vardy should have been better from Maddison, in front of him as opposed to angled.