Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

12 hours ago, nwl fox said:

How the hell do you "guarantee it" based on nothing more than "a feeling"? If you have some insight to back it up with then fine, but you've said you had a good feeling about castagne,  but can't see this one working because he's unproven in the Premier league, what's the difference??? 

Of course I can't actually "guarantee it" - it's just a meaningless turn of phrase based upon little more that his outgoing season at Roma and  - and frankly, my gut feeling, which counts for nothing - neither do the unsubstantiated anecdotes that I've read about him (although politics rarely belong on the field). It's a forum - I expressed a feeling nothing more. But by the same token, I'm not the sort to bump the post and say "I told you so" because I would be delighted to be proved wrong. This is an unknown given his current form. We're not about to imminently entice Jadon Sancho and his ilk onto our right flank and whilst our recent competition is, we have to be realistic and have faith in our scouting system. I get that, but in hoping for more, perhaps I should be managing my expectations. At lease he's younger than Ghezzal. 

Regarding Castagne, I suppose I was optimistic having noticed him at Atalanta who employ the optimistic style of attacking football that we were known for prior to December. Also, I vastly prefer watching Atalanta to Roma, so perhaps there was a degree of subconscious bias to that perception as well - particularly since Ünder has not been starting. Ünder has a very impressive maiden season and by all accounts hit the ground running upon his arrival at Roma from Istanbul Basaksehir , which is a difficult thing to do. He will still face competition for a starting place, but it does add some more desperately needed depth and options to the squad, and given his experience, may well be a very useful asset in Europa. 

We'll see. 

I guarantee that this will not end well though :ph34r:

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

He ain't Salah but if he's having one of these days below he may get close to Mahrez, I hope...

Likes a shot from outside the box. Something we've been sorely missing for quite some time.

Last season we scored 8 goals from outside the box, and I believe that includes set pieces. 4 from Maddison, then 1 each from Vardy, Pereira, Barnes and Choudhury. Having a threat from distance will be a massive boost to us, particularly in those games against lower-prem opposition who just pack the box and make our usual style almost impossible. Someone like Under being ready to pull the trigger from further out (like Mahrez used to be) will hopefully pull defences out of position a bit more and give us a bit more breathing room.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a very good point, his skill set gives us something we don't have currently and will be key to us improving against the top 6 and also stubborn sides who we struggle to break down. He's by no means the finished article but hopefully this move to us kick starts his career.

this is exactly where we are though isn't it. if he had put up the number KDB had for the last couple of years, we wouldn't be even mentioned in the same breath as him as a potential signing. 

1 minute ago, JJS84 said:

this is exactly where we are though isn't it. if he had put up the number KDB had for the last couple of years, we wouldn't be even mentioned in the same breath as him as a potential signing. 

Some managers are impatient some want to nurture, some want proven quality and some like to back their coaching skills,some managers have KDB money to spend and some don't 

He looks direct and likes to have to have a shot from distance, so could be a threat for us, which is what we need. 

The argument that a newly turned 23 year old hasn’t got bags of goals/assists yet doesn’t stand up for me - Zaha, Mahrez,  Salah as examples didn’t have bags of goals or assists at 23, not many players do! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Vintage FT indeed

* WE"RE NOT MAKING ANY SIGNINGS *
* WE'RE SIGNING THE WRONG PLAYERS *

Give em a chance!

Why should miserable whining nay-sayers, give anyone a chance....!!!

Its the closest they come to enjoying themselves...!!!

• Like 1