Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@turgutuc thanks for your posts in this thread, much appreciated! Can I ask you - who is the best Turkish player right now and who has the most potential? Is it Soyuncu or someone else?

Soyuncu still has some learning to do, but he is top class. Reads the game well, can pass it, is fast, strong, can lead the defence. It's hard not to see him moving onto one of the very top clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona in his career the way he is going. Demiral I suppose is already starting for Juventus and Cahanoglu for Milan, so I am curious who the best player is currently considered to be, and who is expected to be the best in the future.

Söyüncü is best at moment.

The ones with highest potential who made it into professional football recently are

Orkun Kökcü, 19 (Feyenoord Rotterdam)

Ozan Kabak, 20 (Schalke 04).

Form the youth it is Naci Ünüvar, 17 (Ajax Amsterdam) but there's a possibility he'll play for Netherlands instead of Turkey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mirrorside said:

Söyüncü is best at moment.

The ones with highest potential who made it into professional football recently are

Orkun Kökcü, 19 (Feyenoord Rotterdam)

Ozan Kabak, 20 (Schalke 04).

Form the youth it is Naci Ünüvar, 17 (Ajax Amsterdam) but there's a possibility he'll play for Netherlands instead of Turkey.

Thought demiral was better the few times ive watched turkey.

• Like 1

I’m obviously hoping that this player fulfils his potential but, to improve our squad, he only has to be better than Gray.

Albrighton is an old fashioned, workmanlike winger, who’s an ideal squad player - but not a first choice type for the Rodgers style.

That means he only has to be a better option than Perez to start or Gray to sit on the bench as an alternative to MA. 

It lowers the benchmark for me and makes me less worried. It’s either a small win or a very big one  

42 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Asked James Horncastle who knows his stuff on Serie A

C31ACC6D-3B62-4273-B14D-D3B5EF343C49.png

To be honest, I know virtually nothing about Under. Was beginning to get a bit concerned by some of the opinions but if an Italian football expert says he's a good signing then that's good enough for me :schmike:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Perspective is an intersting thing. 

Folk on here were generally sliding off their chairs at the prospect of Trincao yet not only is Umders pass completion only slightly worse but he makes more key passes per game, is dispossessed less and has far fewer bad touches and that ONLY going off of last years stats were Under was fairly underwhelming

In fairness, the idea of paying that much money for Trincao made me nervous to be honest. 

For certain reasons Roma are my sons and I's  Italian team due to relatives in Italy. My son takes more interest and is more knowledgeable than me and he says that when Under plays for Turkey he's seemed very impressive. He also thinks that he's possibly more suited to our faster pace game than Serie A and is quite rapid. Apparently he and Soyuncu are quite close friends also which can't be a bad thing. All in all perhaps a more positive spin than my initial thoughts!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Did a bit of digging to answer my own question about why he hasn’t played under Fonseca. 

Roma fans say Fonseca is very defensive and Under sounds a little bit like Mahrez in the sense there’s no ****ing chance he will track back. 

Suits me to be fair, we need a luxury player to create, we’ve got enough workers who will cover defensively. 

...not too sure you realise who will be behind him in the back line!!!

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Apparently he and Soyuncu are quite close friends also. All in all perhaps a more positive spin than my initial thoughts!

Yes, they both come from Altinordu youth academy in Turkey and played together there.

At some times in past they also spent holidays together as showcased on their social media profiles.

cengiz-under-124647YQ.jpg

Edited by mirrorside
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness, the idea of paying that much money for Trincao made me nervous to be honest. 

For certain reasons Roma are my sons and I's  Italian team due to relatives in Italy. My son takes more interest and is more knowledgeable than me and he says that when Under plays for Turkey he's seemed very impressive. He also thinks that he's possibly more suited to our faster pace game than Serie A and is quite rapid. Apparently he and Soyuncu are quite close friends also which can't be a bad thing. All in all perhaps a more positive spin than my initial thoughts!

This is encouraging. 

Maybe, Roma just don't suit him? I saw on here that a few Roma fans were saying the same. They want him to be an out and out winger but he would prefer to come inside which definately suits us. 

• Like 1

Not my first choice, but a decent gambIe for what we’re paying.  I agree that BFFs playing together isn’t always a good thing, but with Under it might be a positive since his frame of mind seems pretty volatile.

I do worry about the political side of it, because that can be more divisive for a club than the naysayers think.  He needs to keep a lid on that and not be a distraction.

Edited by Deeg67

Guest Ali Seyyah

Cengiz we say first name for the players in Turkey, oneof the most promisiing young talents of new Turkish wonder kid players. I am sure you foxes like him and make another song for Cengiz like Çağlar. It is clear that some english fans do not know enough about him because they do not watch italy seria A  but Juve Napoli Bayern have been intetested in transferting this wonderkid. He is very fast and pacing and big strong shooter. Roma fans liked so much . Foxes of Lei after seeing him in the field of football lands ypu all send your thankfullnes to the God and then  your club manager. I do not compare Cengiz and Perez or anyone. Not to make any instulting manner to all these good players whike one player can be good the other one also can be.. and really it is. Cengiz has got the ability desire and so much yaşents and he can turn a game in pacing amd shooting. You can think him he has got very much speed as PL needs to see..His style is so proper and fit PL. He has gotten more stronger than he was tjrough passing 2 years Serie A experience that it wasimpossible at his age to play easily. His 1st gıal was to Tothenham in USA played pre season game with Roma.Hte showed his speed and talents even it was the 1st game. Do not worry youhave yransfereed very promising wonder kid . And jewill show foxes his abilities that can be seen easily.

31 minutes ago, mirrorside said:

Yes, they both come from Altinordu youth academy in Turkey and played together there.

At some times in past they also spent holidays together as showcased on their social media profiles.

cengiz-under-124647YQ.jpg

They shouldn’t tell the lads they are fans of Watersports if we ever go back to Thailand.

It won’t end well