Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think there's been a few interesting points made from both Turkey and Roma fans that, to be fair, he probably doesn't fit exactly what Roma want from a winger. 

They'd probably get more change out of Albrighton than we do currently. They like to utilise Dzeko and his size, they want an outright winger to hold width and cross the ball while Under's more like a poundshop Salah, who he was signed to replace. 

He's definitely not the most exciting player we've ever been linked to but I think he's a clear upgrade on what we have. 

If he's not getting on at Roma and we're giving him an option to revive his career with a fresh start it may be about getting a player with the correct attitude and willing to accept wages which aren't crazy money 

@turgutuc thanks for your posts in this thread, much appreciated! Can I ask you - who is the best Turkish player right now and who has the most potential? Is it Soyuncu or someone else?

Soyuncu still has some learning to do, but he is top class. Reads the game well, can pass it, is fast, strong, can lead the defence. It's hard not to see him moving onto one of the very top clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona in his career the way he is going. Demiral I suppose is already starting for Juventus and Cahanoglu for Milan, so I am curious who the best player is currently considered to be, and who is expected to be the best in the future.

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I like the fact that this guy could be very good. If he barnes and vardy hit some form we are going to be in for one hell of a season.

2 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Add an in form Maddison to the mix too

Kinell lads I'm going to have a sex wee at any moment.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think there's been a few interesting points made from both Turkey and Roma fans that, to be fair, he probably doesn't fit exactly what Roma want from a winger. 

They'd probably get more change out of Albrighton than we do currently. They like to utilise Dzeko and his size, they want an outright winger to hold width and cross the ball while Under's more like a poundshop Salah, who he was signed to replace. 

He's definitely not the most exciting player we've ever been linked to but I think he's a clear upgrade on what we have. 

Guys from the NYC Roma group are saying he was lethal in the six months before his injury but that they haven’t gotten to see the same player since. They still think his potential is still there but that he might need a fresh start. 

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Vintage FT indeed

* WE"RE NOT MAKING ANY SIGNINGS *
* WE'RE SIGNING THE WRONG PLAYERS *

Give em a chance!

I haven't made any comments about signings - I rarely do - beyond mentioning our inactivity on the transfer market but also that I would rather we tracked, scouted and recruited the right players for this club. Had a great feeling about Castagne, but not feeling this. Never understood all the excitement, hype and expectation about Silva either who was similarly unproven in the Premier League. What do you want me to do? Lie?

This will not end well, I guarantee it. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Better than Deirdre?

The more I think about this the more I think it's a good move. He's a good fit for the 4-3-3 in the same way Perez isn't. He should slot straight in on the right of the front 3 you would imagine. Stylistically he seems like a Salah/Mahrez type looking at the video, doubt he's as good as either, but he's clearly quite talented. I mean you look at that video - good luck making Gray, Albrighton, Perez or arguably even Barnes look that good in an 11 minute video of highlights.

Loan with obligation to buy seems to me just like what PSG did with Mbappe where they essentially just made the deal in order to comply with FFP, as they'd already splashed on Neymar that summer. I'd imagine something similar is going on here. Makes even more sense if it means we can therefore afford to snare Fofana too. We do need probably another 2 signings after this as well. The catch there of course is that if he does flop we're still obliged to buy him.

He's got to be an upgrade. He's just got to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I was about to say exactly the same it’s not like he’s done nothing for Roma who are a better side than we are 

Roma have taken a nosedive in quality in recent years. Their 16/17 and 17/18 lineup was top quality and i wouldnt be surprised if the rejects of that team did well with us, nowadays their best forward is a washed up mkhitaryan, still relatively hopeful for this transfer but not based on the club he comes from.