Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

People are wary I think because after an initially good season at Roma, he was injured and never get back to earlier form. Also read he was not really suited to Roma’s style.

Anyway, seems exciting, it’s the left-footed right winger sided player people have been crying out for, so let’s get behind him And see where we end up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

Where’s all the negativity coming from, looks a great signing to me. 

Lack of goals and assists, injury prone, controversial people are right to be worried I am too. 

However this kid looks like he’s signing so all we can do is wish him well and hope he keeps his political beliefs off the football pitch

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Lack of goals and assists, injury prone, controversial people are right to be worried I am too. 

However this kid looks like he’s signing so all we can do is wish him well and hope he keeps his political beliefs off the football pitch

The most grudging welcome I've ever heard. You're not Gray are you?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does he have to quarantine on his arrival? 

Italy isn’t on the list, yet. But I guess it depends if he has been on holiday anywhere that is on the list in the last two weeks. 

Considering athletes like him can get frequent tests, I’m kinda surprised they have to quarantine longer than a week, providing they get negative tests I don’t see the risk? 

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I think this is just the type of player we need, last season we became easy to defend against as we had nobody other than Barnes that could beat a man, quite often down both flanks our runs would stop, and the ball will be played backwards or side ways.

With this guy it will now give us 2 players that will draw players to them, and allow Teilemans and Maddison more space in midfield to do there stuff, this can only be great for Vardy, as he will get more space to run in behind defenders.

Its no secret we have been crying out for this type of player, and I for one I see this as a very positive signing rather than the negative one from other posters.

That's a very good point, his skill set gives us something we don't have currently and will be key to us improving against the top 6 and also stubborn sides who we struggle to break down. He's by no means the finished article but hopefully this move to us kick starts his career.

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Italy isn’t on the list, yet. But I guess it depends if he has been on holiday anywhere that is on the list in the last two weeks. 

Considering athletes like him can get frequent tests, I’m kinda surprised they have to quarantine longer than a week, providing they get negative tests I don’t see the risk? 

There is separate guidance for elite sports people . He will probably not have to quarantine.

3 minutes ago, Stifmeister said:

Looks like somebody will fall out as Ayoze, Gray and Under play on the same position. 

I think this would allow Ayoze to play in his more natural position as a No. 10 or as  a second striker

• Like 2

I reckon Perez should be used as back to Vards/Maddison more than anything, or playing just off him if we change system. He’s not set the world alight I know but his touches and link up play are probably among the best at the club. He’s basically Okazaki but we don’t play that system anymore. He’s a very good player. As for Under, I can’t say I’ve seen him play but he’s exactly the right profile and if he hits the ground running we suddenly look a very well balanced team again. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Where’s all the negativity coming from, looks a great signing to me. 

After reading both threads, here is my summary :

Cengiz behaves like Soyuncu but plays like Demarai Gray. 

Fofana behaves like Demarai Gray but plays like Soyuncu.