Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

Guest Ali Seyyah

İf you call him  his fist name :  say jaengez = in Turkish  Cengiz

If you prefer tje last name to call say Oundaer =  in Turkish Ünder

The letter ü is not  available in english but you can say ou instead.. 

I think this should be a great signing, he has Champions and Europa League experience, he’s still young and can develop at 23, and costs us less than £25m. The fact it’s a loan to buy obligation means the team must see something special in him, and I think along with Castagne and a new CB (Fofana/Kabak) we’d have done some good business in the window

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

I haven't made any comments about signings - I rarely do - beyond mentioning our inactivity on the transfer market but also that I would rather we tracked, scouted and recruited the right players for this club. Had a great feeling about Castagne, but not feeling this. Never understood all the excitement, hype and expectation about Silva either who was similarly unproven in the Premier League. What do you want me to do? Lie?

This will not end well, I guarantee it. 

These seem like famous last words.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on. Got to be an upgrade on Gray, at least, no?

29 minutes ago, Ali Seyyah said:

İf you call him  his fist name :  say jaengez = in Turkish  Cengiz

If you prefer tje last name to call say Oundaer =  in Turkish Ünder

The letter ü is not  available in english but you can say ou instead.. 

Don’t shatter the dream of his chant 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Got to say to me this seems like another panic buy, in that CL highlights video he just looks like another Gray, all pace, gets in the box and stops till he runs out of options, this one concerns me.

Screenshot_20200916_212515_com.twitter.android.jpg

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

This won't end well. Bad feeling about this. 

2 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Personally can't get excited about a player that struggled to make the first team at Roma this year.  Also seems like a lot of dosh for a reserve player, even if the outlay is delayed a year.  

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I haven't made any comments about signings - I rarely do - beyond mentioning our inactivity on the transfer market but also that I would rather we tracked, scouted and recruited the right players for this club. Had a great feeling about Castagne, but not feeling this. Never understood all the excitement, hype and expectation about Silva either who was similarly unproven in the Premier League. What do you want me to do? Lie?

This will not end well, I guarantee it. 

:cry:

Party poopers! lol

2 hours ago, mirrorside said:

Soyuncu (right) and Cengiz (left) at Altinordu (Izmir) youth academy

Should be around 15-16 years of age.

Really nice story (reunion)

EYsUJzaWsAATU70?format=jpg&name=medium

EYsUJzeWsAI-aY_?format=jpg&name=medium

EYsUJzZWsAEnWx-?format=jpg&name=medium

Transformation into Hardass Punks. Character:punk:is just what we need. Someone hook em up with a couple of Harley's.............on second thought forget that until they retire.

Edited by SO1

Looks to be a terrific signing. Immediately he is the one player on the pitch who can make things happen with the ball at his feet, precisely what we need to unlock defensive blocks when teams elect to park the bus. 

Watching highlights, I always scrutinize how attacking players use their body to protect the ball. Cengiz has an intuitive feel and comfort for the physicality that he's going to need. Now, it may be that he needs to get stronger, idk. But Riyad was effective without great strength or physicality, and Cengiz will at least give us another playmaker we desperately need. Does he get back on defense?

If BR can help him improve his decision-making -- and if he can get stronger -- I expect he could start playing in 4-6 weeks and contribute. But we'll see, obv. In any event, a reclamation project of sorts, for a guy with top-end talent. Let's see what BR can do. 

Now let's move Demi and Ayoze and keep buying to improve the club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, vanity said:

Looks to be a terrific signing. Immediately he is the one player on the pitch who can make things happen with the ball at his feet, precisely what we need to unlock defensive blocks when teams elect to park the bus. 

Watching highlights, I always scrutinize how attacking players use their body to protect the ball. Cengiz has an intuitive feel and comfort for the physicality that he's going to need. Now, it may be that he needs to get stronger, idk. But Riyad was effective without great strength or physicality, and Cengiz will at least give us another playmaker we desperately need. Does he get back on defense?

If BR can help him improve his decision-making -- and if he can get stronger -- I expect he could start playing in 4-6 weeks and contribute. But we'll see, obv. In any event, a reclamation project of sorts, for a guy with top-end talent. Let's see what BR can do. 

We don't have the squad size to afford to give up any players for the match volume we have. I expect a player like Under to make everyone around him better. Lets see how that goes before we start discarding players who might benefit from that. Excellent comment otherwise.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, vanity said:

Ayoze won't be leaving. Hopefully gray is gone though. 

9 hours ago, turgutuc said:

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Not even Cags? :wub:

Edit: Do you know if he speaks English? Even if not as well as you. Thanks.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

We don't have the squad size to afford to give up any players for the match volume we have. I expect a player like Under to make everyone around him better. Lets see how that goes before we start discarding players who might benefit from that. Excellent comment otherwise.

It depends on what our options are though. If we are short on liquidity -- which we seem to be, as our wages have skyrocketed and our owner's business is reliant on airport traffic -- it might be a choice of selling a player to buy a player we hope can better contribute. 

and in all seriousness, if we could get a lesser club to pay us what we paid for Perez we should snap their hand off. Though I'd like to see him in a more central role. Loved Demi as a sub beginning of last season, but it's time to move him, he is a declining asset. Again, get 20 mill, then do our best to buy someone who will be hard to keep out of the squad.

58 minutes ago, vanity said:

It depends on what our options are though. If we are short on liquidity -- which we seem to be, as our wages have skyrocketed and our owner's business is reliant on airport traffic -- it might be a choice of selling a player to buy a player we hope can better contribute. 

and in all seriousness, if we could get a lesser club to pay us what we paid for Perez we should snap their hand off. Though I'd like to see him in a more central role. Loved Demi as a sub beginning of last season, but it's time to move him, he is a declining asset. Again, get 20 mill, then do our best to buy someone who will be hard to keep out of the squad.

Nobody will pay 20 million pounds for Gray on his last year of contract.

4 hours ago, vanity said:

4-6 weeks? Sheeesh, expect to see him on the sidelines by or before Arsenal in the Carabao Cup.

6 hours ago, mirrorside said:

Soyuncu (right) and Cengiz (left) at Altinordu (Izmir) youth academy

Should be around 15-16 years of age.

Really nice story (reunion)

EYsUJzZWsAEnWx-?format=jpg&name=medium

What's the tattoo near Cags' right armpit.  Looks like an ear. 

A fox?      :filbert_2:

15 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

hes missed 27 games in 5 years through injury. Which, while not great, really isnt that bad. also he has a decent scoring and assisting record for a winger. Is only 23 remember. My expectations are a bit mixed, but think hes got a decent chance for being ok.

Plus David Rennie can keep him fit ..... oh wait. :unsure: