Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

6 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

The error you were making is, that after watching the first two thirds of The Matrix say 100 times, then you probably knew it well enough to watch the final third for the remaining several 100.

That's unless you have memory problems, which seems unlikely as then you wouldn't have remembered this amusing anecdote at all. 

...you have to watch it from the start!!!

I think they met just over a year ago, I recall seeing a post about an anniversary recently. But she only moved to the UK in September last year (she's American). 

Anyway, good for him, he likes kids and it will help him mature a bit. 

The ultrasound picture looks about 16 weeks which would make the due date around the October international break. Not the worst time to miss a game. 

Edited by brucey

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

One thing he really needs to cut out is the random pot shots he keeps on trying when they aren't on. A few times we've had men free down the sides and he's tried the extravagant. 

100% this, I hate digging out players but we wasted so many opportunities because he was going for Hollywood goals. Decision making was particularly poor for him against Southampton.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

100% this, I hate digging out players but we wasted so many opportunities because he was going for Hollywood goals. Decision making was particularly poor for him against Southampton.

Some times they're brilliant shots etc, but all too many times when we're behind or struggling he tries them too often. Maybe it's a tactical choice, but a few times I've noticed Castagne on the wing open in space to cut it back which was ignored for an attempt. 

What I'd do for an on form James Maddison for these final 5 games of the season. He's never had a good performance for us in a back 3 which is as much a problem as him still not being fully fit. Got to get him further up the pitch.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Maddison is best suited to the 4-2-3-1. Early on in the season he was pretty much playing as a second striker, staying high up the pitch and getting plenty of goals/assists.

In the 3-4-1-2 he is dropping deep again, getting into Youri's space and leaving the front 2 isolated.

Rodgers needs to urge him to stay further up the pitch or drop one of the 3 CB's and push Vardy out wide.

I'd be intruiged to see whether we could fashion are more fluid balance to the team with Vardy, Maddison and Albrighton all roaming around Iheanacho who can interchange with Vardy and/or Maddison. Probably too late to be doing something as radical as rather but I don't want us to run cold in this system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He annoys the hell out of me but he has to play. Anyone that thinks Ayoze, or even Praet, carries more goal threat than Maddison needs sectioning.

Contemporary evidence suggest it is you that needs sectioning lol

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He annoys the hell out of me but he has to play. Anyone that thinks Ayoze, or even Praet, carries more goal threat than Maddison needs sectioning.

Not when Maddison is in such poor form, though, as he is at the moment. Praet would carry goal threat in a different way, but would also add much more bite and energy to our midfield.  As a bonus, he links up well with our other Belgians too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

That’s usually the way with creative players, though. 

Yep. Might also be the worst player on the pitch for 90 mins but then produce the match-winning assist that no other player on the pitch could execute 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

One thing he really needs to cut out is the random pot shots he keeps on trying when they aren't on. A few times we've had men free down the sides and he's tried the extravagant. 

Its football, he is a goalscorer...I Hope he keeps trying...!!!

Hes had assists, so he will pass it when he sees fit...Sometimes he will get it wrong, sometimes the right call.....

All attacking players, usually will have a go....It Really isnt a problem...Just a fans Lazy way of thinking, just to have a dig..!!!

• Haha 1

Maddison has the capability to be a total game changer & we will need him to be at his best for our last three games. To achieve that he will need to play at least 60 against Newcastle.

I really don't understand the negativity towards JM on this forum, very strange !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Maddison has the capability to be a total game changer & we will need him to be at his best for our last three games. To achieve that he will need to play at least 60 against Newcastle.

I really don't understand the negativity towards JM on this forum, very strange !!

Did you not see him on Friday? lol

Seriously, happy for him to start, but if he starts looking cack, take him off at half time.
No passengers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Couple things seen on here,

I don’t see any problem with him taking a long range dig he’s more than capable and it’s something our other players don’t do enough granted he had no success at it last match.

like others have said he has that special moment in him that he can be pretty poor all game but can come up with that moment of magic. He isn’t going to get back to the Maddison we know without playing so as long as he’s fit has to play.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did you not see him on Friday? lol

Seriously, happy for him to start, but if he starts looking cack, take him off at half time.
No passengers.

I trust BR to make that decision when it is needed to be made. The JM negativity goes beyond his football displays.

• Like 4