Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Maddison is best suited to the 4-2-3-1. Early on in the season he was pretty much playing as a second striker, staying high up the pitch and getting plenty of goals/assists.

In the 3-4-1-2 he is dropping deep again, getting into Youri's space and leaving the front 2 isolated.

Yes this 🖕🖕🖕🖕

• Haha 1

Against Southampton he kept on trying to go through the middle, I couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t pick the ball in wide positions and whip in a dangerous ball. Great technique on him but his decision making is average.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Posting videos of him tearing it up in training including him nutmegging 16 Yr old Braybrooke. Nice one James!

I am curious who it is that blocks the shot on the line in the 2nd clip!

1 minute ago, adam said:

I've said it before and got slated. But if we can get some decent money for him in the summer. Get him moved on. Weak mentally and physically. Spends most the game slowing it down. Completely over rated. An absolute mile off a england start. He is playing so bad I'd rather have perez starting. 

You'll get slated for over reacting and negatively commenting on one of the 'most talented' players we've got, but you are bang on. He's looked bang average for the majority of his stint here, he has a couple of good runs for 4 or 5 games at a time a season then is anonymous rest of the time. Comes out says a few good lines, tugs on the heart strings, and everyone buzzes off him. He's skilful but its as far as it goes, he slows the game down, he tries to grab the headlines and he kills attacking opportunities for those around him. Honestly feel we would be better off without him near our squad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, adam said:

I've said it before and got slated. But if we can get some decent money for him in the summer. Get him moved on. Weak mentally and physically. Spends most the game slowing it down. Completely over rated. An absolute mile off a england start. He is playing so bad I'd rather have perez starting. 

Totally agree

• Like 2

I trust in our ability to spend the what....60 million we could get for him to buy 2 players that would make us better overall.

If we lost maddison in the summer and no one else I don't think I'd be overly bothered.  Don't get me wrong he's a really good player when he's focused and on it, but he believes his own hype too much and that's his downfall. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, adam said:

As has been said, harsh but fair. He pulls out some wonderful things from time to time, but generally flatters to deceive. Given he's got a hip like my nan, he's not going anywhere and we'll be paying him millions per year for some time yet.

He really is a very good player, but in recent matches he was mediocre to say the least. Talking about selling him is really overreacting, he needs to be on the bench, so he'd have to really fight for his spot in the opening lineup

He's been shite recently sure, but wanting him sold? really? When we're playing 4231 his game and end product has been pretty good this season.

I think the fact he's a bit of an annoying scrote is clouding people's judgement on him as a footballer.