Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Reports suggest Tottenham will target Nagelsmann in the summer.

I would have thought he is looking to join a bigger club than Tottenham. He will have his picks in the summer.

• Like 1

Don’t go Brendan! Become a legend here at Leicester. You have everything you need to be a long term successful manager. Why do all the graft of laying down the foundation to then walk away and go sort out someone else’s mess? There will be money to spend in the summer too. I trust in our club owners to keep everyone happy.

15 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Why is this up for discussion. Jose not doing well Brendon is, put two and two together. Same old boring shite story. Close thread ..thanks

But since this the respect Rodgers thread, closing it would be disrespecting him :P :frantics:

On 22/02/2021 at 09:36, Babylon said:

They might challenge if they ever start spending it on wages....

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 09.35.42.png

Wow, this shows what an incredible job Rodgers and his support staff are doing.

The biggest factors on a team's results are wages, and then spend. That's the case because the better the player, the more likely they'll be paid more as the football market is fairly efficient.

Based on this, we should be midtable but are overachieving again. 

I know how frustrating it can be when we don't meet our potential in certain games but really, we should be enjoying the ride and how we're punching well above our weight. How Rodgers has managed the resources at his disposal, with all the injuries we've had, is incredible and he deserves a lot of credit.

Yep, there have been issues during the season like set pieces or physicality in midfield, but his strength is he's a great coach and manager - Tielemans is a lot tougher in midfield, while our set pieces, both defending and attacking, are getting better too.  And the development of Barnes is there for all to see. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

On 22/02/2021 at 09:06, Koke said:

I love Rodgers but let's be honest - he has a cushy safe job here. If we finish 5th or 6th he will still be our manager next season. He wouldn't be able to get away with that at United or Chelsea for example. Even at Spurs they expect nothing less than top 4. 

Only way fans will turn on Rodgers here is if we drop down to 8th or 9th. 

They turned on him last season when we dropped to 5th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Webbo said:

They turned on him last season when we dropped to 5th.

This is so true. I opened up page one of the premier league thread a few days ago by mistake. Some of the posts and vitriol aimed at Brodge was just over the top and in a word bizarre. Yes we fell away but we had half the tram playing through injury. I know it hurt, my lodger is a Utd fan and well you can imagine how that went. But I never sought the end of Brodge and genuinely had faith he’d turn it around. So in summary you’re bang on. 

• Like 1

He'd be silly to join Spurs. He could have his pick of most teams in the world if he continues doing such an amazing job here. Spurs will never be on a level with Man U, Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea as Levy won't spend the money to compete. In an ideal world I'd rather, when he does eventually leave, he joins a team abroad. 

Even West Ham have a better chance of getting into the Champions League than Tottenham have right now, who are 9 points behind them and 13 behind us.

Can’t imagine he’d go to Spurs (my predictive text kept trying to write that as Sours), plus Moaninho spent a lot of money in the summer so you’d wonder what transfer budget would remain...

However we need to keep our players to keep Rodgers.  Not that I can see this happening, but any signs of loss of ambition from us and he’ll be gone

• Like 1

The summer is key to Rodgers next 1-3 years for me. I dont believe he'll consider leaving, why would he. Unless our season derails from now on in, but in truth doesnt that damage his reputation.  I believe we will make top 4 and it's the summer and reinforcements that will dictate what happens. He knows he needs to now address the Vardy transition and clearly at least another offensive player. If hes supported and changes made he knows that's a helluva squad to tackle domestically and europe. He has helped further improve and mould that so becomes that point of attachment to him. Hes paid very well and has the best training facilities he could wish for.

If we start next season with his preferred additions on board then we enter a new phase. Were not seen as fly by night but now regular challengers to that top 4. 

My only fear is we dont/cant support what he believes is needed to keep the progression and at the end of next season he could feel differently. 

My guess is Top trusts him hugely and will do all he can to keep us moving forward. Really exciting times ahead.

• Like 2

I like how he adapts the system to the players. He clearly wanted wingers to operate as inside forwards last year, with the full backs providing width, and we'd see barnes go missing in a lot of games, and albrighton never start. This year barnes is back to receiving the ball out wide, Marc is hugging the touchline, and the full backs are driving into the inside forward channels. It's a subtle switch that has suited us very well.