Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

The team selection wasn't necessarily the issue, not changing anything at half-time to try and get control of the tie was the problem.

We were always vulnerable to the away goal and it being out of our hands.

• Like 1

Starting line up should have been more than good enough to put in a better performance than this, yes he waited a bit too long to make the changes but this is down to the players for me, they have showed absolutely nothing to make me believe they actually wanted to win tonight

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Starting line up should have been more than good enough to put in a better performance than this, yes he waited a bit too long to make the changes but this is down to the players for me, they have showed absolutely nothing to make me believe they actually wanted to win tonight

It was a worse lineup than what got 0-0 in the away fixture, definitely not good enough to guarantee a win. One of ricardo/castagne had to start

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wish he was like that at Celtic lol

Still break out in cold sweats at when we tried to play sides like Barcelona and PSG at their own game.

He must do as well because ever since he’s been here when there is a game with any real pressure he sets us up so negatively. 

Sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesnt and when it doesnt we look really really bad.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It was a worse lineup than what got 0-0 in the away fixture, definitely not good enough to guarantee a win. One of ricardo/castagne had to start

I definitely wouldn't say it was good enough to guarantee a win, but I would have expected better from them and to at least look competitive other than the first 10 minutes of the game, really shameful performance

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Got it wrong tonight.

Should have started with our strongest team and gone for a comfortable win. 

Players have been poor too.

We move on. Top 4 and FA Cup 

You can’t say that I got lambasted for saying Rodgers had got it wrong in the first leg 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Got it wrong tonight.

Should have started with our strongest team and gone for a comfortable win. 

Players have been poor too.

We move on. Top 4 and FA Cup 

Call me reactionary, but do you really believe in us after seeing us bottle it everytime it matters? Without doubt this is the best footballing team we've had, but we're found wanting when it comes to the crunch, like Tottenham 3/4 years ago. 

• Like 1

We are obviously a work in progress and so it’s inevitable that we’re going to have bad performances 

With the schedule and injuries I’m surprised that we’ve been as consistent as we have. Disappointing tonight but I can’t help feel that there’s an overly negative reaction in the context of our season to date 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Under achieving in Europe again. As fine a manager as he is it's his achilles heel it seems, everywhere he's been.

At Celtic his squad wasnt good enough

At Leicester he was complacent considering squad considerations for the top 4 and FA Cup.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Don’t blame Rodgers for this! We are down to the bare bones, have no cover at all in one key position, the whole team look knackered. Too many games in too short a time frame with too few fit players. That’s all it is I’m afraid.

Rodgers is manager, end of. 

We had a winger, who has scored double figures for us, on the bench. 

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Don’t blame Rodgers for this! We are down to the bare bones, have no cover at all in one key position, the whole team look knackered. Too many games in too short a time frame with too few fit players. That’s all it is I’m afraid.

That's a cop out. Look at the resources between the two teams, a top 6 EPL side should be able to put three different sides on the park and dispatch the Czech champions. No excuses.

• Like 2