Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t get the BR to Spurs talk. Yes they might want him, but ask yourself where he will enhance reputation more? We are

on the cusp of building ‘success’ (and we can discuss what that means) over a prolonged period. The club are being taken to that next level (training ground...) and Rodgers has a hugely exciting young squad to work with and improve. I’d go as far as saying it his ideal job in terms of his strengths.

Sustaining us in the top 6 and a cup here and there and he’s a legend (and I think he can do better than that). Whereas that is the least of Spurs expectations. 

I cant see him leaving to any club in England unless it's  Man City or possibly Chelsea for money reasons only.  Those jobs can be dangerous roles if you dont perform. The project of lcfc has got to be huge and exciting for him.  A place to truly make a mark as a game changer. But hey, anything is possible i suppose.

49 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Having one great half and then one bang average half has happened too often this season for it not to be deliberately surely. Think that's where Brendan has excelled over others (like Klopp). He has managed our energy so well allowing us to win games without running ourselves out too much. I said during our game against Liverpool that they will run themselves out and I really think they did. That balls to the wall style they had isn't feasible this year and Brendan has adapted us really well

Totally agree and with no let up in the congested fixture list its the only of not completely running players into the ground, especially in positions where our squad is thin. 

12 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Do you think that came from the players or Ranieri himself because the way I remember it he started trying to set us up defensively and encouraged a passing game but the players didn't take to it. Ranieri. Was trying to change the players style and they didn't buy into it. 

Very true and he had to. With the players that left,  our previous style was unsustainable. He'd harnessed what he'd got in that one year masterfully, from the flat back 4 to making Vardy the main focus in attack. Kante and Drinkwater in tandem, the latter doing the work of two, enabled Vardy and Marhez to be virtually unstoppable at times.

Without Kante on his own, it was unsustainable. He had to try and I think there were some of our players that thought they were better than they really were and knew best. They didn't. I for one wouldn't put all the blame at Ranieri's door. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Do you think that came from the players or Ranieri himself because the way I remember it he started trying to set us up defensively and encouraged a passing game but the players didn't take to it. Ranieri. Was trying to change the players style and they didn't buy into it. 

I think some thought that'll never happen again so rather than setting about another assault on the title many proved that it was, unfortunately, just a flash in the pan.

Seeing a few quotes that Daniel Levy wants Brendan to replace Jose if he decides to Sack Maureen, the spud fans on the article are not too pleased at being linked with Brendan a quote saying “ would be a step down!” What’s he done ? He was taught everything by Jose !”

well keep thinking that Spuds as I’m sure Brendan is enjoying the Leicester City Journey at the moment has a very lucrative salary and has been enjoying more success again than spuds !

I appreciate Spurs are bigger than us. But I don't think Rodgers can take them any further than he is taking us I.e. in and around the top 4 but miles behind the eventual title winners. Spurs and Leicester have the same ceiling.

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

I appreciate Spurs are bigger than us. But I don't think Rodgers can take them any further than he is taking us I.e. in and around the top 4 but miles behind the eventual title winners. Spurs and Leicester have the same ceiling.

can’t see how they are that much bigger than us to be honest 

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

It'll cost a fortune to get rid of Mourinho. Another fortune to get Rodgers. He'll want a lot of money as a salary. Money to overhaul the squad.

All the reports say Tottenham are suffering due to the pandemic and the lack of use for the new ground with other events.

I'd be very surprised if this move happens.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

can’t see how they are that much bigger than us to be honest 

Bigger budget. Higher wage bill. Regular CL football. Bigger fan base. 

*I know we won the title in 2016.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Bigger budget. Higher wage bill. Regular CL football. Bigger fan base. 

*I know we won the title in 2016.

None of that is necessarily true. We have similar budgets and wage bills. They used to play regular CL football, but they won't again for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be so sure that they have a bigger global fan base than Leicester either. Add this to the fact that Leicester is a more successful club than Spurs and I'd say it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that Leicester are actually a bigger club than Spurs.

London clubs paying the price - Mail Online

Any three of the London’s biggest sides could have had Brendan Rodgers managing them by now but they went for seemingly more exotic options instead. They’re paying a price.

Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham sink into an ever deepening pit. Thomas Tuchel unfathomably humiliates Callum Hudson-Odoi at Southampton. Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal flat-line. And Leicester sail on towards a Champions League place, continuing to do more than any other side to keep the semblance of a title race alive.

It helped them that Jack Grealish was missing a Premier League match here for the first time since November 2019. Aston Villa were hopelessly lost without him. They looked doomed to defeat even before the two goals in the space of four minutes which put Leicester two ahead inside a blistering first half hour.

But this is not a story of one man’s absence. Leicester’s were masters of their own destiny; overwhelming Villa’s midfield in that first half and exchanging the ball on pure instinct in the final third. Confidence, mutual understanding, speed on the ball, intense pressing and a plan: this is what Rodgers brings.

23 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

None of that is necessarily true. We have similar budgets and wage bills. They used to play regular CL football, but they won't again for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be so sure that they have a bigger global fan base than Leicester either. Add this to the fact that Leicester is a more successful club than Spurs and I'd say it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that Leicester are actually a bigger club than Spurs.

It's not just unreasonable, it is ridiculous.  Let's enjoy out-performing the bigger clubs but let's not get carried away and pretend we are now one of them and make factually inaccurate claims such as being more successful than Spurs.  

Twelve years ago we were in League One.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It’s a complete fantasy....

• Like 2

I love Rodgers but let's be honest - he has a cushy safe job here. If we finish 5th or 6th he will still be our manager next season. He wouldn't be able to get away with that at United or Chelsea for example. Even at Spurs they expect nothing less than top 4. 

Only way fans will turn on Rodgers here is if we drop down to 8th or 9th. 

Edited by Koke

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's not just unreasonable, it is ridiculous.  Let's enjoy out-performing the bigger clubs but let's not get carried away and pretend we are now one of them and make factually inaccurate claims such as being more successful than Spurs.  

Probably meant in the prem not historically

Spurs are bigger than Leicester, anyone suggesting otherwise is on a different planet. Great ground, great training complex.... but their current wage structure isn't that much better than ours, they've won less than us in about the last three decades. If we back Rodgers in the market I don't see many reasons why he'd trade us for them, and I'm not sure I see them paying out £30m+ to sack their current manager and hire a new one. 

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

..which was the last time they won a trophy!!!

Not saying we are bigger, just utilising our assets better. At the moment all their achievements are long in the past, it would only take a reasonable appointment as manager to turn them around.

Leicester win trophies against the odds, Spurs not winning trophies is an underachievement.

Their Stadium is bigger and better.

Their revenue is much higher.

Their average league position is much higher.

They are a more attractive prospect because their ceiling is much higher. We have to continue to do this for another decade and invest massively in infrastructure to even be considered close.