Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Personally think the players are more to blame than Rodgers. I get people want to see our strongest side but we can’t play Barnes 90mins every game, same with Vardy and Pereira and Castagne etc etc especially with the latter 2 just back from injuries. Unfortunately there’s a lack of options with Praet, Maddison, Perez, Iheanacho, Justin, Fofana all out injured/ suspended. Even so the team we put out should have still had enough to create more chances and win that game we were just sloppy all over the park far too many misplaced passes and poor touches from virtually the entire team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Personally think the players are more to blame than Rodgers. I get people want to see our strongest side but we can’t play Barnes 90mins every game, same with Vardy and Pereira and Castagne etc etc especially with the latter 2 just back from injuries. Unfortunately there’s a lack of options with Praet, Maddison, Perez, Iheanacho, Justin, Fofana all out injured/ suspended. Even so the team we put out should have still had enough to create more chances and win that game we were just sloppy all over the park far too many misplaced passes and poor touches from virtually the entire team.

It was a too negative lineup in my opinion. Fullbacks that don’t really venture forward, as well as having Choudhury and Ndidi in there too. I would’ve gone for at least one attacking fullback and Barnes for Choudhury with Under and Barnes switching who played more centrally. 

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Since Rodgers has been with us it’s always been the same. For every 10-15 masterclasses he pulls out the bag, they’ll be 1 disasterclass where he just gets it totally wrong. Tonight was that 1. Should’ve gone more or less full strength. 

Could argue that for most top managers to be honest. Look at Klopp now or Guardiola last season.

He's an absolute top manager and coach, but gets it wrong on occasions, as do many of our top players too

Yeh I get it and with hindsight maybe we did need that. But Barnes played 90 mins against Liverpool, and the first leg, and against Villa and I assume we’d want to be playing him against Arsenal and then Burnley a few days later that’s already 6 games in about 3 weeks. And what if he’d got injured or Castagne or Pereira had given they’re just back from Injury and only played a few days ago. We’d be left with a front 3 of Albrighton Vardy and Ünder and Amartey filling in more often at RB. At the end of the day we have to rotate players and the side we put out still should have done better imo.

55 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t think you can question him domestically in the league and cup this season - superb. 
The question you’ve got to ask is if someone else was in charge in the Europa games with experience would the result be different?  Unfortunately for Brendan it would. We’d be in the next round. 
Not taking anything away from SP they deserved to win but we couldn’t of wished for an easier draw. 

...we are still plagued by teams defending deep....this has been an issue since Ranieri!!!

It is something we struggle to overcome, we did not have the best players out on the pitch tonight but we were just as ineffective in the first leg, when we seemed content to take the draw.

1 minute ago, Adster said:

So many football experts in this  thread aided with hindsight who think they'd do a better job than Rodgers.

Fvcking morons. 

Got Coalville Town to the Prem on FM20, I got could run rings around Brendan tactically... :ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Take Villa in the League Cup semi-final last season. Best chance for us to get to Wembley in 20 years against a team who we absolutely annihilated in the league and who were really struggling at time. 

Last season we finished outside of the top four after blowing a very commanding lead. 

I'll even chuck in Chelsea at home in the FA Cup last season too. They were absolutely woeful in the first half and we didn't capitalise on it and were knocked out. 

My point is that tonight is not an isolated incident. When it comes to the crunch we haven't gotten over the line. For what it's worth I believe that the club played an absolute blinder in getting Rodgers and he's been a brilliant manager for us and you'd be correct in arguing that Rodgers is very much a reason why we were in those positions in the first place. 

Sadly I agree with all of us, but I hope that we'll get top 4 and prove many people wrong, as we do seem to be a tad more mentally strong this season.

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That is a valid assessment on the points you raise.

Maybe there's a bigger picture though - the development of the club under him is incredible.

Let's not lose sight of that either.

Absolutely! It's also worth mentioning that people are frustrated after seeing us go out of a European competition and can overreact, which I may have done myself. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Got Coalville Town to the Prem on FM20, I got could run rings around Brendan tactically... :ph34r:

The longest game I ever played in FM was the 2006 version, and I took York City to the very top and won every trophy/title (though not every match!) (without cheating!) for two seasons before I quit to play something else.  I've definitely noticed more recent FM games are much harder though, dammit! :P

All I can say is that Brendan better get a performance out of the team on Sunday or...  :@ :P 

• Thanks 1

Last nights starting line up was something you'd expect if we were defending a 2-0 from the first leg.

I know we are fuched with injuries and id say we are ok elsewhere except no one is capable of Maddisons level.

Im angry at rodgers for not starting a more savvy team but his players let everyone down.

8 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We’re his level right now. He’s a bit akin to Kasper in that regard: majority of the time he looks top quality but every now and then will have a bit of a clanger which shows that we can’t do better than him but he probably couldn’t do better than us right now.

I've always maintained that as well. He wouldn't last at a bigger club like United or Chelsea. 

Rodgers' ceiling is at LCFC. Great for us but he has his moments of absolute howlers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Definitely deserves criticism over the two legs but let's not go batshitmental in the analysis.

Look how far we've moved forward under him.

No I totally agree we’ve come on leaps and bounds this season and Brendan should be (is) lauded for that but this game was like Liverpool (home) Villa (semi final) last season far too cautious and trying to stop them scoring and not creating any chances ourselves, To leave Barnes Ricky P and Castange on the bench was his call and yes I know the latter 2 are fresh from injury  but did we really have to play 2 holding Mids against arguably the weakest side left in the competition ( they played well so no snipe on them ) that all comes down to the managers tactics and decisions