Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

7 hours ago, stillwater said:

May have been asked before? But does anyone know why Wes had a broken heart cut into his hair?

I suspect it's in memory of William Gomis, his teammate at St-Etienne who was murdered in 2018. Little Wes' instagram bio references the kid. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7220766/who-is-william-gomis-saint-etienne-defender-die/amp/

Edited by brucey
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Bellingham must be nailed on to be in the senior squad.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yesh you'd think so, few other bizarre omissions too

Heard some reports that Dortmund won’t allow their players to go on duty if they have to quarantine on return.   But the boy looks good and perhaps he’s ready for a full squad call up with injury concerns around other options .....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Heard some reports that Dortmund won’t allow their players to go on duty if they have to quarantine on return.   But the boy looks good and perhaps he’s ready for a full squad call up with injury concerns around other options .....

I said it whilst watching Birmingham, Bellingham would have been perfect for us. 

I was really surprised that a club of our ilk  didn’t go for him. 

29 minutes ago, Sly said:

I said it whilst watching Birmingham, Bellingham would have been perfect for us. 

We were probably scared off from the last time we signed Birmingham's most promising player 

7 hours ago, Sly said:

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

We were probably scared off from the last time we signed Birmingham's most promising player 

He had to choose between Man U and Dortmund ..... amazing we didn’t try to muscle in ........

• Haha 4

Fofana is really a Rolls-Royce of a player, he looks to me that he would or could easily play midfield as well as Defence. Playing in a back three gave him more freedom to move forward.  He is so comfortable on the ball & he appears to get better every game I see him play.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Fofana is really a Rolls-Royce of a player, he looks to me that he would or could easily play midfield as well as Defence. Playing in a back three gave him more freedom to move forward.  He is so comfortable on the ball & he appears to get better every game I see him play.

Said the same about Soyuncu when he started playing last season. So good with the ball at his feet.

Wonder if the only time our defenders get the freedom to carry the ball forwards is when we play 3 at the back. Love watching them both when they go forwards tearing up the opposing side.

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Said the same about Soyuncu when he started playing last season. So good with the ball at his feet.

Wonder if the only time our defenders get the freedom to carry the ball forwards is when we play 3 at the back. Love watching them both when they go forwards tearing up the opposing side.

I think Cags should push forward more, he seems a little hesitant this season. I think a back three would suit both him & Wes with Evans being the stay at home guy.

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think Cags should push forward more, he seems a little hesitant this season. I think a back three would suit both him & Wes with Evans being the stay at home guy.

I wonder if Rodgers is asking him to be more conservative. Of course not everyone in a three or a two can be aggressive. Hard to make a judgement about Cags as I think he is being groomed to take Evans place eventually. Doubt we'll play a back three for the rest of the season as we still feel a bit awkward in our set up as it is now. When Maddison and Barnes come back things will change.........maybe.

14 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s in the Prem TOTY so far statistically according to Whoscored. Nothing to see here Real Madrid move on.

BFCC2BD7-2C6F-422F-A6EB-BE636063FC0F.png

He's been good but I am a bit surprised.  Has he been our best centre back.  Also surprising to see 3 Villa players.

1 hour ago, majaco said:

He's been good but I am a bit surprised.  Has he been our best centre back.  Also surprising to see 3 Villa players.

I’d say since he’s come in he’s been our best centreback the odd mistake but nothing to stress about. It’s frightening how good he is