Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.football365.com/news/hargreaves-urges-man-united-to-sign-prem-duo

Hargreaves also named Leicester City defender Fofana as a player United should sign. The 20-year-old joined the Foxes last summer for around £36m from Saint-Ettiene. Injuries have afforded the youngster more opportunities than Brendan Rodgers intended this term.

But the centre-back has been one of the Premier League’s breakout stars this season. Hargreaves likened Fofana to a “Ferrari” and said he would “love” him at Man United

And it starts. How much £150m. 😊

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

https://www.football365.com/news/hargreaves-urges-man-united-to-sign-prem-duo

Hargreaves also named Leicester City defender Fofana as a player United should sign. The 20-year-old joined the Foxes last summer for around £36m from Saint-Ettiene. Injuries have afforded the youngster more opportunities than Brendan Rodgers intended this term.

But the centre-back has been one of the Premier League’s breakout stars this season. Hargreaves likened Fofana to a “Ferrari” and said he would “love” him at Man United

And it starts. How much £150m. 😊

I highly doubt United will come in for Fofana after we had their pants down over Maguire. For the price we would ask for him, they could go and get a more experienced centre back much cheaper, like Koulibaly. Plus this is just another pundit opinion rather than an actual link to them being interested. 

• Like 1

I think this might be the first player we've bought where (perhaps more so than Tielemans) you can absolutely set your watch on his leaving within the next 2/3 years - people said at the time that he's likely to want to move onwards and (dare I say it) upwards, so hopefully it won't be a crushing blow when it does happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Quite simply he’s £100m+ if Maguire was £80m. I think he’s our best CB already and considering his competition of Evans and Soyuncu that’s some feat. 

Thats a interesting view. I think he will become our best. But Evans is the most reliable one we have currently. Fof has all the attributes. But due to his age he has a rick in him a game. Once is ironed out. He's going to be phenomenal. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

If will get CL football and he performs well, I think he will be gone at the end of next season. 

I agree, mostly.

He doesn't look like much of a stayer. The second he got a sniff of better pastures he was pretty firm in his insistence he wanted to leave France. There's no reason he won't do the same with us - a club that he doesn't really have any emotional tie to. He hasn't yet met the fans or had any real defining moments to tie him to use. 

He's a great player and I think we'll develop him and he'll develop us. He'll be off quick sticks, though, I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Thats a interesting view. I think he will become our best. But Evans is the most reliable one we have currently. Fof has all the attributes. But due to his age he has a rick in him a game. Once is ironed out. He's going to be phenomenal. 

Even the experienced players have a " Rick in them a game".....

17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I agree, mostly.

He doesn't look like much of a stayer. The second he got a sniff of better pastures he was pretty firm in his insistence he wanted to leave France. There's no reason he won't do the same with us - a club that he doesn't really have any emotional tie to. He hasn't yet met the fans or had any real defining moments to tie him to use. 

This 100%, its hard to bond to a club in the current circumstance.

He's a great player and I think we'll develop him and he'll develop us. He'll be off quick sticks, though, I reckon.

He looks like he has been playing at PL level for years, he's still learning and will only get better in his positionally and reading the game. He is also going to get stronger and faster.

I think a season at CL level and the likes of Real Madrid, Barc, PSG will be sniffing around, even at 100m you could get 10 years service.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Evans is the most reliable, but fofana is the better player when at his best. I don’t see any obvious weaknesses with fofana at all.

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I agree, mostly.

I said this earlier in the thread I believe. 

There were quite a few on here loving the fact he forced the move to come here... when we do sell him those same ones will cry about it😂

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If will get CL football and he performs well, I think he will be gone at the end of next season. 

if we have champions league football he might not even want to leave yet... plus I don’t think financially we  will need to sell him... and there’s few team who could afford what we would want for him..

I think we can keep him for as long as we have champions league football..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I said this earlier in the thread I believe. 

There were quite a few on here loving the fact he forced the move to come here... when we do sell him those same ones will cry about it😂

I quite like players who force moves because we usually rinse a hell of a lot of money from the buyer which we then use to strengthen over all. In fact we haven't sold a single key player who didn't ask to leave. 

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

if we have champions league football he might not even want to leave yet... plus I don’t think financially we  will need to sell him... and there’s few team who could afford what we would want for him..

I think we can keep him for as long as we have champions league football..

It will depend on who is interested, and whether we can get CL football and if we can maintain it. 

We didn't need to sell Mahrez or Maguire for financially reasons, but they wanted to leave. 

I have no problem selling players if we get the right price.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It will depend on who is interested, and whether we can get CL football and if we can maintain it. 

We didn't need to sell Mahrez or Maguire for financially reasons, but they wanted to leave. 

I have no problem selling players if we get the right price.

i wonder if it might also depend on if we can get fans back into stadiums . Match day revenue, including season tickets percentage would probably amount to about 1- 1.5m multiply that by about 25 home games that we’ll have ( including cup games) and it soon adds up..

I might actually be underestimating the amount as it appears closed stadiums seem to have financially crippled several clubs..

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

i wonder if it might also depend on if we can get fans back into stadiums . Match day revenue, including season tickets percentage would probably amount to about 1- 1.5m multiply that by about 25 home games that we’ll have ( including cup games) and it soon adds up..

I might actually be underestimating the amount as it appears closed stadiums seem to have financially crippled several clubs..

I don't think it will be about money, more if we can match his ambition.

I think thats the same for Maddison, Teilimans, Barnes and Soyuncu. 

I don't think it was ever about money with Mahrez, he just wanted to play for a club that would be challenging and in the CL every year. 

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

I might actually be underestimating the amount as it appears closed stadiums seem to have financially crippled several clubs.

It is a loss of hundreds of millions across the division.  And most clubs were already operating on the edge of profit and loss.  But that said, it’s “crippling” only in the Championship and lower leagues.  And more of a body shot than knockout punch to us.

Matchday contributed an average of 30% of Championship clubs’ revenues in 2018/19 (excluding parachute payments).  But just 13% of PL clubs’ revenue.  And only about 8% of LCFC revenue.  Our share of the TV broadcasters’ rebate was slightly more than (the loss of) an entire season’s gate receipts.

Fans habitually overstate the financial importance of gate receipts in the modern game.  Arsenal (at about 24%) are the only PL club similarly exposed to them as the Championship.  Spurs also hard hit, with their new stadium.