Jump to content
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just stop the page loading before the paywall kicks in. 

 

There's absolutely no way any decent human being should give the telegraph any money.

Honestly i remember how baffed i was when i discovered this was a thing. like honestly who designed their website? its so easy to fix as well lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

It is amazing to think how young he is. He got thrown in as a need, didn’t really have a settling in period for the club let alone the premier league. But he’s never looked out of place or out his depth. This is a mark of a quality player, but to do that so young is even more impressive. 
 

We’ll be lucky to hold on to him long term. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Analysethis said:

Amazing he cant start for the French u-21s

 

For me, he is better than the likes of Lenglet and Zouma who are in the main squad. 

That U21 squad is sickeningly good, would batter England senior side

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That U21 squad is sickeningly good, would batter England senior side

LOL, I dont think so mate. They have some amazing youngsters coming through but they cant even top there qualifying group at the moment. They are at a huge advantage as well as the Senior side doesnt play the younger lads that often these days, preferring to let them develop together with the u21s. I think I am right in saying that France didn't have one player 21 or under in the Senior squads over the last few Internationals. Mbappe at 22 I think was the youngest and no team leaves him out!

 

Gareth Southgate has gone a different direction though as has loads of younger lads around the first team. Imagine our u21s with Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Reece-James, Bellingham, Sancho, Saka, Greenwood whilst the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Rice and Mount would have qualified too. I'm sure I have missed plenty out who would have been eligible at the start of qualifying. Id say our kids are better than theirs, ours are just blooded into the first team. The coin is in the air whether we get the best out of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

LOL, I dont think so mate. They have some amazing youngsters coming through but they cant even top there qualifying group at the moment. They are at a huge advantage as well as the Senior side doesnt play the younger lads that often these days, preferring to let them develop together with the u21s. I think I am right in saying that France didn't have one player 21 or under in the Senior squads over the last few Internationals. Mbappe at 22 I think was the youngest and no team leaves him out!

 

Gareth Southgate has gone a different direction though as has loads of younger lads around the first team. Imagine our u21s with Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Reece-James, Bellingham, Sancho, Saka, Greenwood whilst the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Rice and Mount would have qualified too. I'm sure I have missed plenty out who would have been eligible at the start of qualifying. Id say our kids are better than theirs, ours are just blooded into the first team. The coin is in the air whether we get the best out of them. 

You have to consider that those talented players for the 21s can’t get in the first team because France’ first team is so good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You have to consider that those talented players for the 21s can’t get in the first team because France’ first team is so good.

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

 

...... struggling for centre backs a France

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

 

...... struggling for centre backs a France

I hate them. Apart from Wes :wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sly said:

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

 

...... struggling for centre backs a France

Doesn't Fofana qualify for Mali?

 

I can't see him not getting a game, eventually, for the senior French team but at least he has a backup option for senior international football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sly said:

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

 

...... struggling for centre backs a France

We have maguire, stones, coady, mings .....  

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

New problem for us considering the game arrangements 

 

next three fixtures are 8pm k/offs 

 

little wes gonna be knackered with no food or drink before/during the game .......

Not ideal but he seemed to cope well last night. Obviously isn't great if we're forced to use a sub on him for all of those games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

New problem for us considering the game arrangements 

 

next three fixtures are 8pm k/offs 

 

little wes gonna be knackered with no food or drink before/during the game .......

I’d have thought the late kicks offs could help.  He could have a drink and a snack at half time.  And luckily it’ll be over by the cup final. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

New problem for us considering the game arrangements 

 

next three fixtures are 8pm k/offs 

 

little wes gonna be knackered with no food or drink before/during the game .......

Lots of teams in the league will be dealing with this, it fine.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...