Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just stop the page loading before the paywall kicks in. 

There's absolutely no way any decent human being should give the telegraph any money.

Honestly i remember how baffed i was when i discovered this was a thing. like honestly who designed their website? its so easy to fix as well lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing to think how young he is. He got thrown in as a need, didn’t really have a settling in period for the club let alone the premier league. But he’s never looked out of place or out his depth. This is a mark of a quality player, but to do that so young is even more impressive. 

We’ll be lucky to hold on to him long term. 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That U21 squad is sickeningly good, would batter England senior side

LOL, I dont think so mate. They have some amazing youngsters coming through but they cant even top there qualifying group at the moment. They are at a huge advantage as well as the Senior side doesnt play the younger lads that often these days, preferring to let them develop together with the u21s. I think I am right in saying that France didn't have one player 21 or under in the Senior squads over the last few Internationals. Mbappe at 22 I think was the youngest and no team leaves him out!

Gareth Southgate has gone a different direction though as has loads of younger lads around the first team. Imagine our u21s with Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Reece-James, Bellingham, Sancho, Saka, Greenwood whilst the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Rice and Mount would have qualified too. I'm sure I have missed plenty out who would have been eligible at the start of qualifying. Id say our kids are better than theirs, ours are just blooded into the first team. The coin is in the air whether we get the best out of them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

LOL, I dont think so mate. They have some amazing youngsters coming through but they cant even top there qualifying group at the moment. They are at a huge advantage as well as the Senior side doesnt play the younger lads that often these days, preferring to let them develop together with the u21s. I think I am right in saying that France didn't have one player 21 or under in the Senior squads over the last few Internationals. Mbappe at 22 I think was the youngest and no team leaves him out!

Gareth Southgate has gone a different direction though as has loads of younger lads around the first team. Imagine our u21s with Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Reece-James, Bellingham, Sancho, Saka, Greenwood whilst the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Rice and Mount would have qualified too. I'm sure I have missed plenty out who would have been eligible at the start of qualifying. Id say our kids are better than theirs, ours are just blooded into the first team. The coin is in the air whether we get the best out of them. 

You have to consider that those talented players for the 21s can’t get in the first team because France’ first team is so good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You have to consider that those talented players for the 21s can’t get in the first team because France’ first team is so good.

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

...... struggling for centre backs a France

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

I hate them. Apart from Wes :wub:

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Laporte

Varane

Fofana

Todibo

Lenglet

Upamecano

Kimpembe

Koundé

Umtiti

Hernandez

Koscielney

Konaté

Zouma

Doesn't Fofana qualify for Mali?

I can't see him not getting a game, eventually, for the senior French team but at least he has a backup option for senior international football.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

New problem for us considering the game arrangements 

next three fixtures are 8pm k/offs 

little wes gonna be knackered with no food or drink before/during the game .......

Not ideal but he seemed to cope well last night. Obviously isn't great if we're forced to use a sub on him for all of those games 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

little wes gonna be knackered with no food or drink before/during the game .......

I’d have thought the late kicks offs could help.  He could have a drink and a snack at half time.  And luckily it’ll be over by the cup final. 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lots of teams in the league will be dealing with this, it fine.