Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

What a wonderful player Wesley Fofana is!

Scouting team take a bow, you unearthed an absolute gem in this kid.

He had a brilliant game throughout, and deserved his winners medal. I still have not been fortunate enough to see him play live in the flesh yet! Hopefully I will soon, I will sing many a song for little Wes!

This kid looks like the real deal from watching him live and seeing how he carries himself on the pitch.

He has every attribute and the athletism to go right to the very top of the game in my opinion as long as he applies himself and keeps improving. It's scary that he is just 20, it's his season on the premier league and his second in senior football...

Leicester City: Fofana was superb in FA Cup final win
by Jimmy Moorhouse  @JimmyMoorhouseshareFacebook Twitter Pocket Pocket Pocket Addthis
2 minute read 16/5/2021 | 12:40pm

Leicester City won their first-ever FA Cup on Saturday afternoon, as Youri Tielemans’ stunning goal proved to be enough to see off Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea at Wembley.

Brendan Rodgers’ side escaped a late scare when former Foxes defender Ben Chilwell forced the ball home via Wesley Morgan but the left-back was ruled offside by VAR and Leicester were able to hold on for a historic victory.

Whilst Tielemans will steal the headlines for his performance and wonderful goal, Wesley Fofana was arguably the game’s best performer at centre-back, as he produced an incredible display, showing maturity way beyond his years.

As per SofaScore, the French defender would earn a superb 8.1/10 rating for his performance, which was the best of any player on the Wembley pitch.

Despite picking up an early booking, the 20-year-old was rarely troubled and composed in his defensive play, despite being up against dangerous, pacy attackers such as Timo Werner, Mason Mount and Hakim Ziyech.

During the game, Fofana would contribute five clearances, six interceptions and two tackles, whilst also blocking four shots, which is a vast improvement on the 3.5 clearances, 2.2 interceptions, 1.8 tackles and 0.5 blocks he has averaged in the Premier League this season. That emphasises just how impressive he was against Chelsea.

The defender was comfortable in possession, completing 35/43 of his passes, while he was also dominant in his defending, winning seven out of his nine duels in total, resulting in a superb 78% success rate.

Earlier in the season, Rodgers was full of praise for the young defender, saying:

“I think the surprising thing is that if you look at the seven games he’s played and the level of the teams we’ve played, and the consistent run of games, how he’s coped with that. He’s absolutely colossal for a young guy.”

The summer signing proved himself to be a colossus once again at Wembley on Saturday afternoon, and the £30m Leicester paid to St Etienne to sign him last summer is looking more and more like a bargain with every passing game.

• Thanks 2