Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

As a competitor, 1 v 1 defender his levels are incredible! He just never comes off second best. 

There was a moment in the 2nd half where Zaha just couldn't get past him. Fofana marshalled that right side in stopping Zaha one on one very well. 

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why did he tag Guaita? He wasn't Palace captain was he?

Because he paused the goalkick being taken. During the game I didn't know Kouyate also paused to break his fast but I guess it was Fofana just being courteous anyway :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/04/2021 at 21:15, Incognito said:

Doesn't Fofana qualify for Mali?

I can't see him not getting a game, eventually, for the senior French team but at least he has a backup option for senior international football.

He's equal to or better than a number of French defenders on that list. I'd back him to get numerous caps for France in the years to come.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sure they'll be managing it.

To the extent it can be managed.  Day's lengthening combined with the number of games condensed into a short period have an inevitable toll.  Fofana continues to show himself as a remarkable young player.

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

To the extent it can be managed.  Day's lengthening combined with the number of games condensed into a short period have an inevitable toll.  Fofana continues to show himself as a remarkable young player.

Very good points, thoughtful post.

I wonder what effect kick off times have? A night match he goes longer without food or water before the match but he get get some liquid and energy gel about half hour into the game and at half time. A 3 O'clock kick off means not so long since eating/drinking but cant refresh during the match.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

He's equal to or better than a number of French defenders on that list. I'd back him to get numerous caps for France in the years to come.

I know what you're saying, but even Aymeric Laporte can't get into the France squad.

That is insane.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

I wonder what effect kick off times have? A night match he goes longer without food or water before the match but he get get some liquid and energy gel about half hour into the game and at half time. A 3 O'clock kick off means not so long since eating/drinking but cant refresh during the match.

Luckily we don't have any day time games before it ends, our next 2 games are Friday 8pm games and then Man Utd away midweek which will be either 6pm or 8pm.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Webbo said:

He managed quite well tonight despite his fasting, wouldn't have had a chance to take on fluid today. Bodes well for Saturday.

I think Eid is tomorrow or Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Steven said:

I think Eid is tomorrow or Wednesday.

Tomorrow or Wednesday? Make your mind up.

Just looked it up, it's Thursday. good stuff.

Edited by Webbo