Jump to content
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

As a competitor, 1 v 1 defender his levels are incredible! He just never comes off second best. 

There was a moment in the 2nd half where Zaha just couldn't get past him. Fofana marshalled that right side in stopping Zaha one on one very well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why did he tag Guaita? He wasn't Palace captain was he?

Because he paused the goalkick being taken. During the game I didn't know Kouyate also paused to break his fast but I guess it was Fofana just being courteous anyway :thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant to see the respect to allow Fofana and Kouyate to take on fluids.

 

Our next two games, before the end of Ramadan, are 8pm kos.  Questions raised about Fofana's availability

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, majaco said:

Brilliant to see the respect to allow Fofana and Kouyate to take on fluids.

 

Our next two games, before the end of Ramadan, are 8pm kos.  Questions raised about Fofana's availability

How so?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, majaco said:

He takes no fluids from sunrise.  The effects accumulate over Ramadan. In perspective, he has been immense recently.

I'm sure they'll be managing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2021 at 21:15, Incognito said:

Doesn't Fofana qualify for Mali?

 

I can't see him not getting a game, eventually, for the senior French team but at least he has a backup option for senior international football.

 

He's equal to or better than a number of French defenders on that list. I'd back him to get numerous caps for France in the years to come.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sure they'll be managing it.

To the extent it can be managed.  Day's lengthening combined with the number of games condensed into a short period have an inevitable toll.  Fofana continues to show himself as a remarkable young player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, majaco said:

To the extent it can be managed.  Day's lengthening combined with the number of games condensed into a short period have an inevitable toll.  Fofana continues to show himself as a remarkable young player.

Very good points, thoughtful post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what effect kick off times have? A night match he goes longer without food or water before the match but he get get some liquid and energy gel about half hour into the game and at half time. A 3 O'clock kick off means not so long since eating/drinking but cant refresh during the match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Koke said:

 

He's equal to or better than a number of French defenders on that list. I'd back him to get numerous caps for France in the years to come.

 

I know what you're saying, but even Aymeric Laporte can't get into the France squad.

 

That is insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Webbo said:

I wonder what effect kick off times have? A night match he goes longer without food or water before the match but he get get some liquid and energy gel about half hour into the game and at half time. A 3 O'clock kick off means not so long since eating/drinking but cant refresh during the match.

Luckily we don't have any day time games before it ends, our next 2 games are Friday 8pm games and then Man Utd away midweek which will be either 6pm or 8pm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

He managed quite well tonight despite his fasting, wouldn't have had a chance to take on fluid today. Bodes well for Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Webbo said:

He managed quite well tonight despite his fasting, wouldn't have had a chance to take on fluid today. Bodes well for Saturday.

I think Eid is tomorrow or Wednesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...