Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

51 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

"With that said, why shouldn’t Liverpool consider a move for Fofana? They have a right to sign whoever they please."

Given that he claims to be a writer, he should be able to manage better than this. Had he said "They have a right TO TRY and sign whoever they please", I'd have more sympathy. His statement is actually utterly false.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

France's depth at centre half is frightening to be fair.

Fofana, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernandez, Laporte, Zouma, Lenglet, Upamecano, Pavard (stretch), Kounde, Boly.

They all walk into the English side.

Boly plays for the Ivory Coast national team.

5 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

More media crap

Leicester could have trouble keeping hold of Wesley Fofana if the defender continues his impressive start to his Premier League career, according to Mark Schwarzer.lol:scarf:

According to me, Mark Schwarzer had trouble keeping hold of the ball. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

More media crap

Leicester could have trouble keeping hold of Wesley Fofana if the defender continues his impressive start to his Premier League career, according to Mark Schwarzer.lol:scarf:

Interesting. An ex- Leicester Tool.  The group is worrying growing.  Savage and Alan Smith and now him.  Still miles behind the Manure and Scouse pool of tools, but sad Schwarzer is suffering from CLDS -  Covid Lockdown Delusion Syndrome.

Little old Leicester know your place!  Give us your stars to the Big 5 and quick.

The meltdown on here had we spunked zillions on either of Dunk or Tarkowski only to see Little Wes ripping it up at West Dildo United, would be have been a frightening read. Plus Congers would have been charged with incompetence by the FT Jury.

Recruitment Team and Board take a bow:appl:

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 4

It’s a shame there hasn’t been an interview with him by an English outlet yet as I’d love to get some insight into his character. For me he seems like a good combination of being fairly mature for his age but also a boy at heart, hence the blonde hair and shaved heart. But he also looks like he’s enjoying himself and that the other players both like and respect him. No doubt we are a stepping stone for him but I wonder if over time the club will mean something to him? I hope so!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

According to me, Mark Schwarzer had trouble keeping hold of the ball. 

This the same bloke who was prattling on Talkshite about Chelsea going to beat us the other night and finish above us?

certainly dropped the ball on one of those predictions, unsurprisingly. 

the other only time will tell - let’s be frank. 

• Like 1

Fofana made an impression with some of Chelsea fans according to The Shed End forum.

Without going back and finding the quotes, one Shed-Ender was lauding our recruitment team for landing him for £15m,  We're not that good!

Another, possibly going by the valuation of the former,  said he might be worth a £40m bid!  

I think you would need to triple that Chelsea.  We sell kitchen appliances for £85m.  Thoroughbreds will cost you a good deal more.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be out for a month with that hamstring injury. Hopefully Soy and Evans can stay injury and suspension free. 

For all those arguing against a Tarkowski like signing, this would be why. We're a piece of bad luck away from using Amartey at CB for a consistent run 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks to be out for a month with that hamstring injury. Hopefully Soy and Evans can stay injury and suspension free. 

For all those arguing against a Tarkowski like signing, this would be why. We're a piece of bad luck away from using Amartey at CB for a consistent run 

Would be difficult to keep 4 quality centre halves happy across a season who’d expect to be starting most weeks. Justin and Amartey with Soy or Evans in a three is solid enough, worst case Fuchs or Wilf could drop in for a couple of games too. On positive side provided little Wes comes back sharp he’ll have plenty in the tank for the run in. 

10 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Would be difficult to keep 4 quality centre halves happy across a season who’d expect to be starting most weeks. Justin and Amartey with Soy or Evans in a three is solid enough, worst case Fuchs or Wilf could drop in for a couple of games too. On positive side provided little Wes comes back sharp he’ll have plenty in the tank for the run in. 

In europe, the league, the FA cup and league cup we'd have more than enough games to rotate between 4. Fuchs will be gone by summer and we can't be losing Wilf to centre half from the middle. 3 at the back also doesn't complement our side unless we're against a team who will attack us.