Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Goes to show doesn't it that there is nothing better than getting senior football experience, we've benefitted with this with Barnes and look to do so again with KDH. Get them on loan at decent clubs instead of years in the U23s.

Just now, baldeagle said:

Not when I consider Adams to have been an average player . 

Blackpool were practically a one club man when they won promotion to the Premiership. You're thinking of the clapped out Charlie Adam from Stoke onwards.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ffs we all have to see this thread boom every time he plays a game and inevitably gets MOTM, while Youri gets a yellow against Southampton and we have to start the tea lady against Chelsea 

Earl Grey > Demarai Gray

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

1 goal in 59 games for Dewsbury-Hall in PL2 for our U23's over 4 years.

6 goals in 27 games at Blackpool and Luton.

Whats Beaglehole playing at?

The game is very different at senior level to youth level. Some players thrive in it. It tends to be more physical and less technical. 

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The game is very different at senior level to youth level. Some players thrive in it. It tends to be more physical and less technical. 

...I understand the increase in physicality but not a fall off of technical proficiency!!!!

In this instance he is so far forward compared to his U23 role where he cajoled the play from midfield, as opposed to effectively playing as a forward on loan.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I understand the increase in physicality but not a fall off of technical proficiency!!!!

In this instance he is so far forward compared to his U23 role where he cajoled the play from midfield, as opposed to effectively playing as a forward on loan.

I’m not saying that the players are technically better in youth football but the lack of physicality and the way the game is played allows them to showcase that side of the game more. It’s just a different way of playing and it’s positive that he seems to be better at playing first team football 

On 14/01/2021 at 22:32, Deeg67 said:

Or we’re doing the same as last year, signing nobody of consequence and dropping out of the CL places again.

I'm no expert on club finances altho I have looked at them, and we have wonderful owners but they have a large part of their revenue dependent on the air traffic industry. Fortunately i suspect that this industry in the F. E. is less affected. I think we have a good chance of making the CL places without further signings. We are in a very different  place to last year with already a much stronger squad. We even have additional potential cover in  KDH we probably won't need to use until next year. The squad are now so strong IMO that signings that significantly increase our chances of CL football would be expensive and could even carry some risk. In Justin, Barnes, Fofana ,Thomas,and probably Under we have greatly increased our proven strength.To improve on any of those would not be cheap. A cheap buy that eventually is below the squad standard I would say is poor business.

We have a minimum of dead wood in our squad and I'm sure BR will do a little sensible pruning in the summer.

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not saying that the players are technically better in youth football but the lack of physicality and the way the game is played allows them to showcase that side of the game more. It’s just a different way of playing and it’s positive that he seems to be better at playing first team football 

...I have seen quite a few U23 games and the physicality is there as well as any technical ability!!!

I have found that LCFC appear to be of a lesser quality of technical ability in comparison to the other clubs we play. We play aged players above the other clubs and we have recently moved to address this with appropriately aged players for their relevant groups.

It is great that he has transformed his play in this way, just watching him on the pitch is like chalk and cheese in relation to body language from the U23s, almost as if it was someone else.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Ffs we all have to see this thread boom every time he plays a game and inevitably gets MOTM, while Youri gets a yellow against Southampton and we have to start the tea lady against Chelsea 

I hear she's good at set pieces.