Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

let the lad stay there for their Chelsea FA cup game, if he has a blinder then pull him back, sure he'd be cup tied but if he can do it for Luton against Chelsea, he can do it for us against whoever we have.

Surely if we bring him back from loan the last thing we want is for him to be cup tied 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, murphy said:

Has nobody considered recalling Matty James?

I know this is not serious, but we cannot now play Matty James this season.

A player cannot play for 3 different teams in one season. As Matty has played for Coventry and Barnsley, even if injuries get really bad, we cannot recall him and play him for us.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 23:28, brucey said:

Eqq774aXMAA1BuX?format=jpg&name=large
This was at the start of the Luton Town vs Bristol City match 3 days ago.
Today, both teams announced postponements due to Covid symptoms / confirmed positives.

Not the greatest idea...

Shouldn't laugh but FFS lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

Also KDH is fully proven at Championship level, we know that, he has nothing more to prove there. 

Disagree as he's only been there three months, it would be good to see if he can keep getting the same reviews over a season rather than a few months.

I think KDH staying at Luton for the season would be the best thing for his development but the club comes first. We potentially have another 37 games in the next 4 months so we can't rely on Tielemans to play twice a week every week.

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Disagree as he's only been there three months, it would be good to see if he can keep getting the same reviews over a season rather than a few months.

I think KDH staying at Luton for the season would be the best thing for his development but the club comes first. We potentially have another 37 games in the next 4 months so we can't rely on Tielemans to play twice a week every week.

Plus Tielemans will play 3 World Cup qualifiers for Belgium in March.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Considering that neither Mendy or Goc help us Hamza should even be a consideration for that role, that’s a pretty low bar.  Still, if Praet is out for several weeks recalling KDH is a no-brainer.  He’ll get minutes even with no further injuries in midfield.

Im here... but not sure how i can help? Celebrity Health - Gok Wan

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why fix something that’s not broken? There’s no guarantee he’d get game time at any premier league club. He’s doing well where he is and enjoying it. Their gaffer has came out and said pretty much the same thing, too. 

Agreed. At 22 he needs guaranteed playing time and the Championship is a decent level. Having a full season under his belt will be so important for his confidence and self-belief that he can cut it at that level at least and maybe even higher. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Will we give Tavares a chance? His interview with the Portuguese newspaper sounded promising. 

We've had ideal opportunities to get him involved and chose against it. Zorya (where we even took a 16 year old) and Stoke, when asked Rodgers said no younger players would be involved.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He wasn't very happy about that apparently.

He wanted to play and only got a few minutes with us towards the end of that season.

I'm not surprised! Oh well, at least he's doing well in our first team now 🥳

Certainly a lesson for us to learn though - KDH deserves to stay at Luton until the end of the season. If we really need someone, Tavares should be fast tracked or we go out and get someone. I'm in favour of the former, as it feels like the ideal solution to all the shenanigans going on at the mo.

34 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We've had ideal opportunities to get him involved and chose against it. Zorya (where we even took a 16 year old) and Stoke, when asked Rodgers said no younger players would be involved.

I believe injury was at play vs Zoryha as he was named in the EL list the week of that game. The cup game was annoying but we seem to be one of the most cautious about keeping the academy and first team as far away from each other where possible. There's been plenty of examples of academy players training with the first team but not since lockdown I don't think. Praet being out though (if serious) might mean we have to look at Tavares or Wright).

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I believe injury was at play vs Zoryha as he was named in the EL list the week of that game. The cup game was annoying but we seem to be one of the most cautious about keeping the academy and first team as far away from each other where possible. There's been plenty of examples of academy players training with the first team but not since lockdown I don't think. Praet being out though (if serious) might mean we have to look at Tavares or Wright).

Do you think wright is good enough ?

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He wasn't very happy about that apparently.

He wanted to play and only got a few minutes with us towards the end of that season.

Are you talking about when we recalled Barnes from WBA? He was involved straight away and became a regular for the rest of that season.
Just had a quick glance - he came on as a sub the day after being recalled and only missed out against Liverpool, starting almost every game after that until the end of the season.

49 minutes ago, shen said:

Are you talking about when we recalled Barnes from WBA? He was involved straight away and became a regular for the rest of that season.
Just had a quick glance - he came on as a sub the day after being recalled and only missed out against Liverpool, starting almost every game after that until the end of the season.

...luckily for him, no one was staking a genuine claim for the Left Wing!!!

19 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Surely if we bring him back from loan the last thing we want is for him to be cup tied 

The debate is whether he's good enough for the premiership, we have a maximum of 5 FA cup games, if he can do it in a Luton team against Chelsea, proves he'd be useful in at least some of the other 20+ games we will have in the season.