Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

He is highly paid because the owners recognise his talent in achieving high standards with limited resources. 

I believe our owners are out to prove themselves globally as among the most capable sports owners. They want to achieve excellence in all areas of operation and they are in it for the long haul.

Most owners seek financial success (in very limited terms though) and/or sporting glory. Few owners actually expect to achieve the highest standards in everything the club does.  

These owners are the real deal, unfortunately even after everything that has happened, some supporters still don't see it yet.

This is a great time to be a Foxes fan and I am very proud. 

We are progressing under Rodgers, and that is a good sign. The way we play and some of the signings have been much better than recent seasons.

Last season was an odd one, for me if the Covid stuff doesn’t happen we get top four. It helped the elite sides no end with so many subs and a chance to get some of their important players fit again. I’m not going to question Rodgers under such unusual circumstances.

Overall things are heading in the right direction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m really not sure what the crux of your complaint is, last season has gone now. You agree that despite the poor second half, we overachieved? You don’t expect us to win week in week out and are really happy overall but the occasional dull passive game annoys you at times? 
So where are we in your thinking, can you summarise your position on Rodgers? Sack, or keep and support?

Just because last season is gone it doesn’t magically wash away the complaints. 

The poor second half of last was unacceptable at times. I think you’re over simplifying things to suit your narrative. My main point is that he isn’t immune to criticism and that he’s paid to have done better than he did back end of last season. Despite what people say, if you’re paying top dollar you should expect accordingly. My point with that is whilst we overachieved on the face of things the way in which we surrendered that 15 point lead was not good enough and the manager should and could have done better.  

He seems to have made a good start this season. I think we should keep and support because 1) it would be too expensive to get rid and 2) we are making some progress. However this doesn’t mean he is immune to flak and he has to maintain this level of improvement and I think he can be getting more from the team. We looked such a different proposition last night when we went a little more direct but history shows we’ll go back to passive and cautious play in our next game (see West Ham at home this season as one of many examples) Rodgers needs to be braver. 

Just now, Paddy. said:

4 wins from 6 after last season's heartache. IMO he deserves huge credit for that and for picking the boys up after the devastating way last season ended. All against a backdrop of serious injuries to key players. 

He's doing a good job.

Yeah definitely. I feared a massive hangover from last season but that hasn't been the case. Need to put together some consistent results now. Obviously will be difficult with our thin squad but if we put ourselves in a good position now, when the big players return we can really kick on

21 minutes ago, Dames said:

I agree for the most part and we definitely over achieved last season if you only take into account league position and points tally. 

Again, my point is that i’m not expecting him to have us challenging every season but at the same time its not too much out of the realms of possibility to have expected him to do much better than he did during the run in given the position we were in and the points lead we had. Claude Puel got sacked for an extremely similar run of form. 

I don’t expect him to be perfect but I expected him to do much better than he did at the back end of last season. It was not a horrific run in and at times the team was way too passive and cautious. I don’t think thats unreasonable.

I’ll admit some of my comments are jumping the gun a bit this season but thats borne out of the frustration of the past 9 months. If he keeps going as he has done so far this season he’ll build that confidence back up in me and the other fans that are critical. 

That’s fair enough.

• Thanks 1

If Hamza had bothered to pick up Barkley and not let him get his shot off last week we'd be top of the league. Even still, 4th at this stage having played Man City & Arsenal away is a great achievement considering the quick turn around from a dismal end to last season.

It's funny that Bredan seems to have corrected our issue with playing the big teams away and actually setting up to try and not be beaten, yet our home form against teams we should theoretically beat has dipped. Hopefully he finds the right balance soon, but credit needs to be given for what he is still managing to achieve with all the injuries we have amongst a hectic schedule.

Two big home games coming up against Braga and Wolves so he can hopefully silence the doubters before the next international break.

• Like 1

I’m not convinced by Todgers but I don’t think there is a better option available at the moment. Poch is waiting for a big job and we’re not that. No one else really fits the bill. So I’ll give him the season, but if we don’t win the league he can fuchin do one. :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He wasn't sacked for an extremely similar run of form.

He was sacked for the form AND for how badly he was running the club AND he didn't have the level of credit in the bank that Rodgers has

ALL COMPS:

CP W23 in 67

BR W33 in 66

PREMIER LEAGUE:

CP W19 in 56 (1.25ppg) 34% win ratio | F76 A92 (GD -16)

BR W27 in 54 (1.68ppg) 50% win ratio | F97 A58 (GD +29)

Not worth comparing win ratios IMO. Puel clearly had a huge clearing out job to do, whilst also trying to change the style of play as well. Rodgers has benefited from a complete shift from the old guard and the ground work. 

As for running the club, Puel didn't run the club. If he was a shit man manager, it didn't particularly help Rodgers last season in the second half being a good one. It showed that thisset of players was still capable of playing badly and not meeting expectations. Something many put completely at Puel's feet, and shit management or his training.  

I'm glad we've got Rodgers, Puel had a ceiling as a coach that doesn't match ours as a club. Plus, you can be aloof and a bit of an arse as a manager but still keep people on board, if that wasn't the case then again, we'd never likely reach our ceiling. 

Edited by Babylon

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Are we getting more than we would under any other manager though? Who can we attract than can even achieve similar? Puel wasn’t far away but he was hated by large parts of our fan base.

I just think this is it, these are the golden years. The best time ever to support this club and you’re wasting it feeling bitter about a little drop in form. Look at where we are and what we are achieving compared to our rivals and ourselves a decade ago and then pinch yourself.

I  wonder if the fan base has changed  under Bloomfield  we continually  beat the best and lost to  the likes of Villa   and West Ham  but  any old timer will tell you hardly  any moaning  and  every  one enjoyed and this was after  the  60s when we  were   mostly  in the running  for the title  compared  with following the rubbish of Pleat  Levein  and going down to the 3rd tier  and  thinking winning it was an achievement  

50 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m not convinced by Todgers but I don’t think there is a better option available at the moment. Poch is waiting for a big job and we’re not that. No one else really fits the bill. So I’ll give him the season, but if we don’t win the league he can fuchin do one. :ph34r:

And you never will be. I think I'm going to find a way to live with that. Somehow.

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are progressing under Rodgers, and that is a good sign. The way we play and some of the signings have been much better than recent seasons.

Last season was an odd one, for me if the Covid stuff doesn’t happen we get top four. It helped the elite sides no end with so many subs and a chance to get some of their important players fit again. I’m not going to question Rodgers under such unusual circumstances.

Overall things are heading in the right direction. 

Only as good as your last game, certainly didn't look like progression after the previous two league games.

6 hours ago, Dames said:

Just because last season is gone it doesn’t magically wash away the complaints. 

The poor second half of last was unacceptable at times. I think you’re over simplifying things to suit your narrative. My main point is that he isn’t immune to criticism and that he’s paid to have done better than he did back end of last season. Despite what people say, if you’re paying top dollar you should expect accordingly. My point with that is whilst we overachieved on the face of things the way in which we surrendered that 15 point lead was not good enough and the manager should and could have done better.  

He seems to have made a good start this season. I think we should keep and support because 1) it would be too expensive to get rid and 2) we are making some progress. However this doesn’t mean he is immune to flak and he has to maintain this level of improvement and I think he can be getting more from the team. We looked such a different proposition last night when we went a little more direct but history shows we’ll go back to passive and cautious play in our next game (see West Ham at home this season as one of many examples) Rodgers needs to be braver. 

I’m not saying he is immune to criticism, I’m saying the reactions can be well over the top.

The drop off last season has gone whether you like it or not and it’s a shame you can’t move on. Good teams go through rough patches, the season before we won the championship we had a terrible slump in form and nearly missed out on the playoffs but we recovered well the next season. It’s football if getting x manager/player in guaranteed y result, it wouldn’t be as interesting as it is. A winning formula is massively complex and that’s why we love it.

For me, he gets more right than he does wrong and I’m prepared to overlook his few shortcomings because if he didn’t have any, he wouldn’t be here would he?

Edited by Strokes

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I  wonder if the fan base has changed  under Bloomfield  we continually  beat the best and lost to  the likes of Villa   and West Ham  but  any old timer will tell you hardly  any moaning  and  every  one enjoyed and this was after  the  60s when we  were   mostly  in the running  for the title  compared  with following the rubbish of Pleat  Levein  and going down to the 3rd tier  and  thinking winning it was an achievement  

I think it’s symptomatic of the modern society really mate. It’s mostly molly coddled feminine men, who can’t bare to be the butt of the office jokes and bragging rights for the weekend. So take their indignation out on those they feel they can from the comfort of their keyboard. Brendan let us down boo hoo 😢.

• Like 3