Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Post Lockdown Struggle

Yep, not just you. The sport feels incredibly flat at the moment- there's no matchday buzz, feeling no connection to it at all. All the crap in the past week around the future of the game feels like we're losing what it should be about. Our last two performances haven't helped. Even though we can't attend, the Sunday night kick-offs are annoying me too.

• Like 3

I mean the entertainment is as good as ever. Obviously nothing compares to being at a game, but I wouldn’t say I’m enjoying it any less. 

I had the same feelings when we beat man city as I did when we beat Man U 5-3, I often forget the stadiums are empty but perhaps that’s just me 

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Drinks break, more subs, VAR and our form ruined last season for me, all this kneeling at kick off and empty stadiums is continuing to take away alot of enjoyment.

How does the players kneeling affect your enjoyment of a game? Odd comment

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

It isn’t really an odd comment. Using football as a vehicle for political statements Is not necessary, it adds another string to an already messy bow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

I agree with Sir Les Ferdinand on this. Its had its moment and has become a pin badge or a shiny hash tag. The Premier League's 'No room for racism' campaign is an improvement and good way to keep the message alive. 

It's been difficult to feel as connected to the Sport as I did pre lockdown. 

The 'Project Big Picture' debacle and the EPL charging fans £15 to watch  games has pushed me even further away. 

would much rather find use that £15 to support a local non-league team. 

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Drinks break, more subs, VAR and our form ruined last season for me, all this kneeling at kick off and empty stadiums is continuing to take away alot of enjoyment.

I for one and the whole of Twitter, it seems are sick to the back teeth of this bloody virtue signalling ‘taking the knee.  It should have stopped at the end of last season. BLM is Marxist political movement, do they really support that?!  Please tell me they’re not still having drinks breaks? Haven’t watched a game other than the burnley one, don’t remember it then. 

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I for one and the whole of Twitter, it seems are sick to the back teeth of this bloody virtue signalling ‘taking the knee.  It should have stopped at the end of last season. BLM is Marxist political movement, do they really support that?!  Please tell me they’re not still having drinks breaks? Haven’t watched a game other than the burnley one, don’t remember it then. 

Arrrrrgh twitter... "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Last time I was in the states, a couple of years ago, every bar we went into had the baseball on the TVs in the background. Nobody seemed to be paying any real

attention to it, other than keeping half an eye on the score. Football currently feels like that to me. It’s there. In the background. Like an app on my phone. I momentarily engage with it here and there, but by and large it’s background noise. Have never felt

so disenfranchised from the game in 50 years. Current performances, (last 10 months), really don’t help. A team that seems to be serving up background football in empty stadiums and losing its way. 

• Like 2

Yeah agree it's whack, but it's better than nothing. I don't often make it to games anyway so it's kind of the same for me watching shit streams online... It's just a bit quieter now.

I'm a sucker for punishment so I'll continue to watch Leicester even if the football is absolutely minging like it has been for the majority of this calendar year. With the game the way it is at the moment and the results all over the place, you never know what you're going to get and that keeps me coming back, because I'm an idiot.

4 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Last time I was in the states, a couple of years ago, every bar we went into had the baseball on the TVs in the background. Nobody seemed to be paying any real

attention to it, other than keeping half an eye on the score. Football currently feels like that to me. It’s there. In the background. Like an app on my phone. I momentarily engage with it here and there, but by and large it’s background noise. Have never felt

so disenfranchised from the game in 50 years. Current performances, (last 10 months), really don’t help. A team that seems to be serving up background football in empty stadiums and losing its way. 

To be fair baseball is like that because there are so many fvcking games lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

To be fair, our brand of football is a bit like that as there are so many fvcking passes across our own box 🤣

If anything, yesterday showed how useless it is to punt the ball forward and reaffirms that the 'new way' of playing out from the back well is the way to open up teams.