Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Arsenal v Leicester pre-match

12 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

we have won 3 of our last 6 games against them, and drew one. and one of the losses was carabao cup dross

My memory is apparently faulty -- I had to go look it up.

You are exactly correct.

So lets beat them again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

we have won 3 of our last 6 games against them, and drew one. and one of the losses was carabao cup dross

Not won away at The emirates or Highbury since before the Premier league era. Last seasons draw was the first point we’d took there since being back(D1 L5).
Make no mistake about it , anything other than a loss would be a major shock.

The last 2 years we've played 3-4-1-2 vs them and caused them problems. I wonder if that's what we'll go with again and play to Iheanacho's strengths. Would require James Justin or Fuchs playing as the 3rd CB though given our injuries.

Its a formation we are by no means likely to excel in but we we are capable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not won away at The emirates or Highbury since before the Premier league era. Last seasons draw was the first point we’d took there since being back(D1 L5).

This, sadly, is the reality.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Our record away at Arsenal is way way worse than that. Lost something like 20 out of the last 22 there, drawing the other 2. I'm 50 and I've never seen us win there. Our last win there was in 1972 or 1973.:jawdrop:

• Like 1

Justin in for Fuchs and I reckon it will be the same team. A combination of Praet and Maddison playing from the right aren't any worse than our other options. 

Man city did a decent job on Aubameyang by playing walker like a a third centre back. Maybe Justin could do a similar role but we don't have the numbers to play a back 3 and Fuchs can't play again. He might be tempted to swap Justin and Castagne around.

I fancy us to be a threat away from home but there forwards have had the beating of us in the last comfortably.

Schmeichel 

Castagne 

Fofana 

Evans 

Justin

Mendy 

Tielemans 

Praet

Maddison

Barnes 

Vardy

subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury, Perez, Under, Iheanacho

Think currently Praet is our best option on the right, and provides a bit more defensive stability and tucks in more with Castagne bombing on ahead of him. Gives us a slightly lopsided lineup with Barnes high on the left with Justin sitting back more, and Castagne providing the width on the right. 

Should be a close game, just hoping we can get a result over these, should have a bit more creativity with Maddison back in, and Barnes full of confidence after yesterday’s performance. 

• Like 2

Would take a draw, but expect a narrow loss. We usually play well at their ground but never win. In fact quite often we play really well and still lose, e.g. 2016, Shakespeare's first game as permanent manager, etc. Really the last game we played against them we should have gone for the jugular after they had a man sent off and we equalised, that was a wasted opportunity.