Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Arsenal v Leicester pre-match

If we are going to play aggressively and go 4-1-4-1 go high line and absolutely go for it - okay.

If we are playing 3 at the back then for me there’s no half way house in this. We need to play like we did against Man City and school them in the break like 15/16 tactics but utilising our new greater and quicker range of passing abilities on the break.

One or the other please for me Brendan.

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

If we are going to play aggressively and go 4-1-4-1 go high line and absolutely go for it - okay.

If we are playing 3 at the back then for me there’s no half way house in this. We need to play like we did against Man City and school them in the break like 15/16 tactics but utilising our new greater and quicker range of passing abilities on the break.

One or the other please for me Brendan.

I don’t think brendan will consider arsenal in the same league as Man City so no five at the back camped on our 18 yard line 

and we won’t be aggressive with a high line because I don’t think we can physically match their intensity at the moment 

so I’m afraid the half way house beckons ......

We can’t look at this and say because their back 4 are shite let’s go all banzai on them because the other 6 are bloody good players and all with speed and eye for goal.

What some haven’t mentioned or noticed is the purchase of Partey changes their defensive unit, he has come in to player the Ndidi role for them which he will do brilliantly and he has a better passing range than Ndidi ta’boot, he will break up our attacks and then ping a ball over the top for any 1 of their 5 speed merchants in front of him.

This is not a simple game and BR will know the threat they hold on the counter, I don’t think we will go with a 3 at back but more of the same as midweek but I sure as hell won’t be surprised if we do due to the speed those front 5/6 will play at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We drew there last season didn't we and haven't been a million miles off on other occasions? Both teams can be quite unpredictable in how they play from week to week so it's hard to say. If we are playing at our best and they are a bit sluggish then we can definitely get something out of it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

We can’t look at this and say because their back 4 are shite let’s go all banzai on them because the other 6 are bloody good players and all with speed and eye for goal.

What some haven’t mentioned or noticed is the purchase of Partey changes their defensive unit, he has come in to player the Ndidi role for them which he will do brilliantly and he has a better passing range than Ndidi ta’boot, he will break up our attacks and then ping a ball over the top for any 1 of their 5 speed merchants in front of him.

This is not a simple game and BR will know the threat they hold on the counter, I don’t think we will go with a 3 at back but more of the same as midweek but I sure as hell won’t be surprised if we do due to the speed those front 5/6 will play at.

To say it is not a simple game  is  a complete understatement  as we havent  won there since 1973  when apparantely beer was 10p a pint .  A draw last  year   in view of the circumstances never got the praise it deserved 

18 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

To say it is not a simple game  is  a complete understatement  as we havent  won there since 1973  when apparantely beer was 10p a pint .  A draw last  year   in view of the circumstances never got the praise it deserved 

we should have won there the year we won the league.... The ref killed us in that game.

Honestly, there isn’t a single score line in this game that could surprise me and I can’t argue with anyone’s predictions.

They’ve lost to Man City and Liverpool- no shame there most will, but looked pretty comfortable against Fulham and Sheff Utd. So they are winning the games you expect them to win and losing the ones you expect them to lose.

On the other hand we thumped Man City and got thumped by West Ham.

I’m going for a 3-3