Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Is Nacho injured or is Brendan trying to be clever again?

100% trying to be clever. But let's see how the game pans out before judging, as people lost their minds in the first half of Man City and we won 5-2. Admittedly his tactics were awful against West Ham though!

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I am pretty confident no one picked this line up... ! Barnes up front I guess. Wow!

I was saying something similar last week, that neither Kelechi or Slimani are really good enough to lead the line on their own. Barnes' pace should be a threat in itself and his pressing will be key.
It's a bit of an odd formation, but I won't knock it until I've seen it tonight.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

The last time I slated a lineup pre-match was when we beat City 5-2, so I should know better... but this fills me with some dread.

Rodgers trying to be clever again, there is no in-between with him. Imagine it will be Justin in the back 3 rather than Fuchs. Copying what Man City did with Walker on Aubameyang. If they had this in mind why did Fuchs play 90 on Thursday. 

Not sure what the formation furthe forward is. 541 diamond? Wants pace upfront but with Vardy not being fit enough to start. 

We'll see.

Strange to not go with Kelechi. I'm not his biggest fan but at least he's a striker. Barnes' composure and finishing is questioned a lot as it is. Similar to when Puel played Gray in that position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Is Barnes up front?

That's what it looks like. The other thing it *could* be is that some teams use a "false 9" where the striker starts up top but comes back in, and two or more players push past him. Fabregas for example sometimes started as the "striker" for Spain in Euro 2012. The reason for doing this is that it drags defenders out of position and if they are slow, you can exploit that space.

But I don't think it's that because Barnes is all about his direct pace rather than linking the play, unless someone like Praet or Maddison played as the False 9 instead. But thinking about it... that is a possibility...

Edited by StriderHiryu