Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Nacho must have picked up a knock and Vardy is still not fit. Just shows you the state of the squad. 

Diabolical

I was just hoping this was the case, because if Kalechi is fully fit and Brendan would rather play a winger up front, it sends a message of doom to him.

I thought he played really well on Thursday and let's not forget that Barnes starred because Kalechi fed him.

I hope this comes off.

Edited by Vacamion

Just now, tetly said:

Wtf is going on in Brendans head? Not sure about no striker. Feel for Ihenacho I thought he played well last game.

This? Wtf does Nacho have to do? Rodgers would rather play a short winger alone upfront, in a position he’s never played, while Nacho sits on the bench for the entire match :-/

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Nacho is hindered by his lack of pace, Barnes is the better choice if Vardy can't play from the start.

Forget raw pace. Barnes is not going to outrun Gabriel and the Arsenal defense (with Bellerin and Tierney) all by himself.

Nacho can drop deep to pick up the ball, can hold up play, link play well, and pop in the occasional goal. Let’s show some ambition.

Come on yer Foxes! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Can't we wait until it actually fails before we condemn it?

It might be a stroke of genius and we win. But, as I said I just don’t know why we change how we play so often to accommodate certain teams who aren’t even that good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Errrm...I mean...what does that say to both Slim and Nacho? 

"can we play today, boss, as our main striker is out and we want to step up"

"Nah you're alright lads, I'll just whack a midfielder up top"

To be fair I think we all know he doesn’t rate them already.

This is where our U23s really don't work. That squad provides no cover at all for the first team. I know Hirst is on loan l (he wouldn't get near the team in his current form anyway) but it does feel like there's no point of having a development squad if none of them can be developed to come in on occasions like this. Barnes has to be the least prolific forward we have and we're relying on him at the Emirates?

This is in the same book as Puel playing Gray as the Talisman IMO.