Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Think about it guys, we want to play on the break that only works with pace. Barnes is really the only option for the role 

Maybe don’t play on the break then and try Slimani and Nacho in a two? They could be a great combination.

Barnes as a lone forward :frusty:

• Haha 1

Before we comment on it, let's see how the game goes first. This system is so unusual it seems to me like it was a planned tactic specifically for this match, a bit like the Man City game. Also speaking of Man City, they have used this type of system before too, playing neither Aguero or Jesus and still winning games convincingly.

Of course it's a massively high risk strategy but it's so strange that it makes me intrigued. If you are Arteta right now, you would be extremely confused as to what's going on!

Embarrassing defeat coming up, I strongly fear. Unless Rodgers produces a miracle rabbit here. The message he is sending to his remaining strikers here is ominous. I don't trust you essentially. Vardy clearly not fit and I'd be surprised if he bothers bringing him on unless we are just one down with a few minutes left. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Think about it guys, we want to play on the break that only works with pace. Barnes is really the only option for the role 

But this is the problem, why do we need to play on the break? We are not the team of 15/16 - we play some lovely football when we play our game, why bend over for Arsenal who are nothing special? It's small minded mentality. 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

5-5-0 against these is criminal. Rodgers losing his head against a so called big 6 team again. 

This is why we will never kick on under him. 

I can’t get my head around your second sentence here 

I'm not convinced about Barnes upfront, I don't think he has that instinct like Vardy, he is best running onto defenders rather than instinctively finishing without needing too many touches. Hopefully he proves me wrong today!

Edited by hejammy

Just now, jim5000 said:

Maybe don’t play on the break then and try Slimani and Nacho in a two? They could be a great combination.

Barnes as a lone forward :frusty:

Wow really? This would be asking for trouble. 

They are a decent side and we have to accept that we will be strongest when breaking. Nacho would be isolated and would break our attacks down unfortunately. 

Im not worried at all. In fact I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will be a master stroke from Brendan and there will be a thread started about Barnes being Vardys successor... just watch 

I’m i the only one thinking this might be Maddison as a false 9 like fabregas for Spain all those years ago with Barnes and Praet either side of him? 

Will be interesting to see, hopefully we can keep it tight for the first hour then bring vardy on against tiring legs.

• Like 1