Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I was brought up on good strikers hunt in pairs. The new normal is playing one striker on his own. Now we're going to no strikers and false nines. We'll be bringing Craig Levein back next FFS. It's bollocks. Bollocks I tell you!

Will take it all back if it proves to be a Rodgers masterclass like at Man City.

Er. Who scored a hat trick against Man City? (Not off the bench.)

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I was brought up on good strikers hunt in pairs. The new normal is playing one striker on his own. Now we're going to no strikers and false nines. We'll be bringing Craig Levein back next FFS. It's bollocks. Bollocks I tell you!

Will take it all back if it proves to be a Rodgers masterclass like at Man City.

Okay one last post then I’m out because the negativity on here is ridiculous.

look at the arsenal defenders, they are calamitous and the thing they don’t like is balls in behind and tricky strikers. 

Barnes is a David Luiz nightmare. Slim and nacho, I think he’d be fine but Barnes offers something he can’t handle. 

But sure let’s just assume we want Barnes as an extra defender (despite the fact defending is by far his worse attribute) 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yeah and the same line up got beat by West Ham 3-0 a week later. I think Man City made us look better than we were that day.

But the point is Rogers got it right v Man City and wrong v West Ham. So who knows maybe tonight it will work 

I got the logic for the Man City game.

I don’t get this at all, Arsenal are there to be got at. Reminds me of Man United last year where Rodgers picked a team and formation to counter the name on the opposition’s crest rather than the players wearing the shirts.

I will say though that I think Barnes is a striker in the long run and I am looking forward to seeing him play there. His finishing is dreadful but he has everything else to be a top level centre forward.

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

100% trying to be clever. But let's see how the game pans out before judging, as people lost their minds in the first half of Man City and we won 5-2. Admittedly his tactics were awful against West Ham though!

Doesn't  want to lose 3 on the trot but go a goal down and we are f....d !

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think people can’t comprehened that Barnes is just going to okay the Vardy role. Nobody would have complained if it was Vardy instead of him. 

Barnes has the potential to be ruthless and I think the arsenal cbs will be worried 

Of course we wouldn't have complained with Vardy playing the Vardy role. But Barnes is not Vardy, not even close

People are going to have to get used to some extreme changes to line-ups and unusual formations. Injuries have ravaged  the squad and we are in the middle of a huge fixture congestion. We’re not gonna see a full strength XI until at least January, if we’re lucky. 

• Like 3