Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Leicester City could be upgraded Adidas ‘B’ team

Seriously though, how we're not in that B-Team category already is an absolute shambles. 

Historically good teams, sure. Some huge fanbases there too. However we should take Bordeaux's place... They've basically been a mid-table Ligue 1 side since about 2010.

We're massive, like. 

:brendan:

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Seriously though, how we're not in that B-Team category already is an absolute shambles. 

Major difference I see is the ability to sell shirts and merchandise outside of your own country. 

I'd say we aren't quite there yet - it's only repeat European campaigns what's going to do that. Football world will be conscious to who we are without actually watching us play much. Bordeaux is weird though. Union Berlin have a cult status, so have plenty in Europe buy their shirts. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Union Berlin? how/why have they managed to reach B status, nothing wrong with it just curious. Does that mean some teams will drop to standard as well... don’t get it sorry lol 

I imagine it might be the highly lucrative 'Football Hipster' market ;) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Historically good teams, sure. Some huge fanbases there too. However we should take Bordeaux's place... They've basically been a mid-table Ligue 1 side since about 2010.

We're massive, like. 

:brendan:

I guess they consider the size of regional markets too. From memory I'm not sure if Adidas have teams in France that are bigger.

It's a brand new deal the Bordeaux one, so might have been part of the terms they agreed on, that they would be a 'B' level and get a tailored kit. 

Value wise it's only £1m a year, i'd say we're easily doing better than that out of them even at the third level!

• Like 1

Interesting. I seem to recall reading an article about our deal with Puma making them millions because of the exposure out title win brought them while being on a small club contract. Perhaps the same is happening here hence the upgrade?

Either way we should get an elite deal on the basis that Arsenal are relegated.

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Union Berlin? how/why have they managed to reach B status, nothing wrong with it just curious. Does that mean some teams will drop to standard as well... don’t get it sorry lol 

It's a massively big in "cult team" terms. A bit like St Pauli. 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Umbro make some of the worst kits out there

https://www.umbro.com/en-ww/category/kits/

This season they have done kits for:

Schalke, Werder Bremen, West Ham, Brentford, Luton, Hearts, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Derby, Blackburn, Hull, Burnley, FC. Nurnberg

Apart from the maybe 1 or 2, they are all pretty boring