Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

AEK Athens (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Good first half,spoiled only by IKE.It's allways been A.E.K.!

We pronounced it A E K but its been mentioned before on here that the Greek acronyms for their teams are pronounced as words, eg A E K and 'Ike' or 'PAOK' as 'Pay-Ock' so Savage is correct.

3 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Have Athens deliberately left the pitch uneven to put us off our game... well it’s not worked so far.

2 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Wouldn't be the 1st team to do so.

We're massive you guys

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

After another 15 minutes or after another goal we should take 2 or 3 players off and give them a rest. I would like to see Perez get some game time, even if it is only 30 minutes or so.

We’re not resting players after half a dozen games, we’d be protecting them from injury obviously, but this year the players need game time.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Watching without the crowd noise just empathises how much the game lacks fans, and how difficult it can be to play with intensity. 

Only part concentrated in the game, the missus can home half way through the half and disrupted things but not sure we've played that we'll from what I've seen. Capable of beating their defence though whenever we do get further up field.

Get the job done and do it without anymore injuries. 

Its horrible without crowd noise. 

We've not been great and could easily have been losing but the most positive is how damned efficient we are up front these days. Even against arsenal! (although I still maintain it would have been nice to have attacked more than twice all game! {I will eventually get over it, I promise}) 

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Can’t have a go at him it’s a makeshift side no fluidity it’s going to take time

Yeah, I get that. A few flashes of good stuff, but not quite hitting his stride yet. Early days, but would be good to see him step it up a bit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure what I'm enjoying more, the fact we are winning 2-0 or that I've finally got my 2 year old to say Vardy. Now hes just running round the living room shouting goal Vardyyyyy! Wife not best pleased 😂

I taught my little girl to shout Jamie Vardy party when she was about 2, she is 4 now and always asks if he scored lol