Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

The rise and fall of former players - Ahmed Musa

I was just looking over where a couple of our former future shining stars are today and thinking on Ahmed Musa, an exciting prospect when he joined in 2016. i remember he looked like a real live wire in the Barcelona pre season friendly game. Someone who became famous following the 2014 World Cup where he put two past Argentina. Now, at 28 which really should be prime time he is feet up without a club having parted ways from Al-Nassr last week. Not quite the fall of Drinkwater proportions but not far from that.

It shows its a short career so maybe we should understand players looking to move to a big club to make the most of things while it lasts, except maybe when the Mahrez style dummies get spat out of the pram.

• Like 1

I mean, since he was still on the books he was the top-scoring Leicester player at the 2018 World Cup... somehow. That's what earned him the Al-Nassr contract, and considering we somehow got our money back in the process despite him doing the lump sum of Fuch-all in his two years here. lol

His career trajectory for us was more like one of those really crap Wild Mouse rollercoasters you get at fun-fairs. You pay £16 million quid for one drop, and then in the case of Russia 2018 you get one tiny extra rise and dip for your money. All the while, you're spinning around in circles, wondering just what the hell is going on but still underwhelmed and ripped-off by the whole experience.
 :plancque:

Edited by OntarioFox

Should've been given a penalty against Arsenal on 88min at 0-0 back in 2016.

Apart from that though he made his own luck, the FA Cup performance against Millwall was pathetic, particularly remember one moment where he had the ball on the wing to just spin around, run backwards and knock it out of play near the halfway line. Horrific

His enduring legacy for me will be his final goal for the club almost causing a pitch invasion in the cup at Bramall Lane. We were singing "If Musa Scores, We're On The Pitch", then in injury time the crazy son-of-a-moose goes and scuffs one into the bottom corner after chewing the turf and an air-shot from all of 3 yards out. Finally farting it beyond the line at the third time of asking against lower-tier opposition was a wonderful summation of the lost promise we saw in him.

Scenes. The poor lad didn't even seem to clock the irony of us singing that song to him, he just looked happy to get on the scoresheet as he meekly celebrated while stewards held us all back. :fishing:

2 minutes ago, Dorchester Fox said:

Didn't he score against Sheffield United in the Carabao to much frivolity? 

Like waiting for a bus that was mate. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I am sure I wasn't the only one who thought he was going to be quality after he scored twice against Barcelona

Nope. I was onboard with the misconception that Musa was a promising footballer that day too. It was a short lived belief.

I wonder if Rodgers would have seen him as an asset if he was here before he was sold (don’t think Rodgers was here then...)

Weird player, looked like he could be class... and then there was that shot/cross/pass he tried against Sheff U in the cup.

Meh

5 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I wonder if Rodgers would have seen him as an asset if he was here before he was sold (don’t think Rodgers was here then...)

Weird player, looked like he could be class... and then there was that shot/cross/pass he tried against Sheff U in the cup.

Meh

Would Rodgers see him as an asset? Of course he wouldn’t, he was absolutely dog turd for us.

Yeah he had a couple of good moments as described above by a few but there isn’t a chance in hell Rodgers would want him anywhere near this team.

• Like 1