Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Braga (H) - Match Thread (05/11/2020)

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Don't understand all the Savage hate on here. He was for us what Vardy is now, pesky nuisance, who you love to have on your team but other teams hate playing against. Yes he's a bit gobby but so is Vards. 

Wash your mouth out! 

He was a decent headless chicken alongside 2 greats, but he ain't even close to being what vardyy is for us now! 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think that the plan, play within ourselves, keep it tight and conserve  energy.

Not just that but game management. A big reason why we fell apart last season was a lack of game management. The Bournemouth game immediately comes to mind, but it's not just that that game. In 15/16 one of the most impressive things was how we could grind out a 1-0 and stay in games. It's why the following season we got to the Champions League Quarter Finals too.

This season Rodgers has deliberately sacrificed some possession and attacking play for a more structured team that controls games more effectively. It's not as exciting to watch as last season, but we look much more comfortable in games and have picked up more points despite injuries. Liverpool did something very similar - look at how prior to signing Thiago at the lack of creativity / technical play from their central midfield as an example. But it turned the into one of the best teams in Europe. Not saying that will happen to us, but from a tactical and strategic viewpoint it's working. The question will now be can we break down teams that play a deep block, but we've done so tonight and will get another attempt at it against Wolves at the weekend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Under was trying to take the last corner and freekick, but Madders came over and said no. Can he please share his freekick role?

The same happened with Tielemans a few games ago. Tielemans was going to take it, then Madders came over, Tielemans looked a bit annoyed but handed the ball with a smile. Also happened with Albrighton once recently as I recall.

Rodgers should step in?

I don't think Rodgers can take corners, mate.

3 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Jesus Christ man, he was never what Vardy is now.

You are comparing our greatest ever player to a bloke who wasn’t even in the three best midfielders at the club at the time.

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Wash your mouth out! 

He was a decent headless chicken alongside 2 greats, but he ain't even close to being what vardyy is for us now! 

:facepalm:I'm not saying he is like Vardy in terms of stature or how good he is for us. I'm saying he was a pest and a nuisance for the opposition like Vardy is. Bloody hell some of you need a chill pill