Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Zorya Post Match

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know Perez hasn't been great this season but something else must be going on behind the scenes. 

He would have worked his backside off tonight if we'd have had him up top. 

Should have come on for Barnes after about 60mins.

• Like 2

Not really sure what everyone was expecting. scratch team, 3 players coming back from injury. surely losing was always a possibility? Literally nobody was complaining about the team before kick off, we didn't play 5 at the back, same as against Fulham. I f we play the first team we win easily. Next week against AEK we'll have Tielmans, and Vardy on the bench, we'll still top the group.

• Like 1

Expect more from Iheanacho in these games, just goes missing. Ünder, Justin stood out. Thomas & Maddison added something. 

We've not got a settled defence and we need to get our best players on the pitch with eachother whenever possible but injuries and schedule has forced us to use the squad. Fuchs at CB every other week shows how threadbare we are and the sirens were blaring when Wes came off.

Ricky hopefully got through unscathed and Wilf looked great. Shame about Cags but if he turned down a procedure he was initially recommended to go and heal at home and now when he says it's ok he's broken down immediately there's not alot you can do, gotta trust the players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure Rodgers can do much about Barnes miscontrolling every ball that came towards him. Iheanacho wasn't much better. 

Possibly, but I can't remember us playing the ball behind them many times. If you play a game trying to score perfect goals all the time then it's likely you won't get many chances unless everything clicks. Wouldn't hurt to stretch side and get free kicks, throw ins or corners by being a bit more direct. We look far too predictable to me. 

Edited by l444ry

We're playing a game every three days, key players are still coming back from injury (or are still injured), no real rest, no real time to train, fourth in the PL table and through the group stage... yeah that Rodgers is such a terrible manager and should get out... Jeez some people in the match thread need to pull their heads in. Nacho' is just not reliable to score and bully teams, doesn't consistently hold the ball up, he makes terrible decisions (eg Under is running into the box with the ball Nacho runs into his path pulling defenders with him). No Mads, No Tielemans, No Vards, a makeshift defense of a makeshift defense as Cags goes off injured... it looked like what it was, a threadbare and disjointed squad put together out of necessity not choice. We have Sheffield at the weekend (only three days away, having to fly back from the Ukraine) and that IMO is the priority match. If we'd have played a full team tonight and won, then lost on Sunday all those whining today would be fine with it???? Nah.     

In the winter transfer window we need to look to buy a striker because this crazy hectic game rotation isn't going to end any time soon. Vardy can't play every game and with Nacho we look toothless. Mads shouldn't be allowed to take corners. I'm genuinely curious what he's like in training (or the little they've had, might be the problem) and whether anybody is calling him out (Morgan for example) because they're losing a lot of opportunity because of it.  

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Finishing top so we don’t have to go out In the next round to Ajax or Real Madrid?? 

Let’s see what the draw brings. For me the game was poor but expected it to be. I think this competition only starts in knockout, we were always going to qualify and I don’t mind if we finish 1st or 2nd but fully expect us to win at home in the last game.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Looks at the two tables in the competitions we compete in at the moment..... Errrr.... No.

Thats all well and good but if results don't go in our favour and we do lose we could almost be bottom half of the table.

I don't take much notice of where we are in a table after ten games, I take notice of how we are playing.  And we are playing absolute garbage just like for 20 or so games last season and he couldn't turn it around.  We don't anywhere near enough points in the bank this time to go on a 3 month huge downturn in results....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure Rodgers can do much about Barnes miscontrolling every ball that came towards him. Iheanacho wasn't much better. 

I agree with above, my concern is, did they actually train for this game or are we just turning up and having ago? First Fulham now these 😮

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

It shouldn't and i'm not saying it should or will, however our position last season and start of this season papers over so many cracks and some people are happy to use that excuse to give free passes out, questions really need to be asked and adult conversations need to take place (Both sides of the arguement are pretty petty).

Ultimately this calendar year poor performances outweigh good and positive performances by and large.

Gotta agree. I’m not usually a ‘point the finger at the manager first’ type of person, however Rodgers has had some absolute stinkers. And IMO he doesn’t really seem like he can pull together a team to use unity, mental strength as well as quality when up against it. Seems like he relies heavily on the same bull crap regardless of who’s on the pitch. Not flexible or durable by any means. Just pretty to watch occasionally. 

• Like 1