Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

They really struggled against our set up last season, I’m not a fan of three/five at the back generally but I’d play it here. 

Schmeichel 

Justin

Evans

Fofana

Morgan/Fuchs

Thomas

Ndidi :fingerscrossed:

Tielemans 

Praet

Barnes

Vardy

As in why would you play it here? Surely we need to be more attacking against a team at the bottom of the league with 1 point out of 10 games? 

• Like 1

Read the first two games and all I've gained is the knowledge that this forum is predominantly filled with fickle, miserable people who seem to thrive on doom and gloom. A bit of perspective is needed! 

As for me I think I'll stick to the non Leicester sections of this forum as I can't be doing with this kind of attitude. 

• Like 1

Brendan will probably go:

Kasper

Fofana, Evans, Fuchs

Albrighton, N’didi, Mendy, Choudhury, JJ

Praet

Vardy

We’ll be losing 1-0 at half time with 3 shots - none on target 

Choudhury off after precisely 60 minutes for Tielemans

Praet off after 75 minutes for Maddison

Under on after 87 minutes, but he’ll still have time to cut inside and curl 7 shots over the left hand corner of the bar.

Final score 1-0 

1 shot on target in the 88th minute

Vardy will have touched the ball four times

Schmeichel will have called the referee a ******* stupid ****

Brendan will say we’re a bit tired and lacked speed in our play

2 days later it’ll be reported that 2 more players are injured 🤕 in addition to N’didi suffering a reoccurrence of his existing injury. The amateur medics on Foxestalk will claim they knew he was rushed back too soon. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Read the first two games and all I've gained is the knowledge that this forum is predominantly filled with fickle, miserable people who seem to thrive on doom and gloom. A bit of perspective is needed! 

As for me I think I'll stick to the non Leicester sections of this forum as I can't be doing with this kind of attitude. 

Forums are about opinions and feelings. You get over enthusiastic optimism (actually not so many now :=) )  and glass half empty people. Everyone's entitled to their view and no one has monopoly on the truth. 

Personally I am one of those who worries when we should win and I'm generally hopeful against better teams. That's our club though. 

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Kasper

Fofana, Evans, Fuchs

Praet

Vardy

Under on after 87 minutes, but he’ll still have time to cut inside and curl 7 shots over the left hand corner of the bar.

Final score 1-0 

2 days later it’ll be reported that 2 more players are injured 🤕 in addition to N’didi suffering a reoccurrence of his existing injury. The amateur medics on Foxestalk will claim they knew he was rushed back too soon. 

You are the prophet of doom alright 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Could be the same side that faced Fulham ...... 

Would not be at all surprised. Jeez, imagine the scenes on here pre match if it is!  But it is quite possible. BR will say it's too early for Ric and Wilf, Timmy will still be "injured" 2 weeks after he was due back and no doubt Cags will need an operation and be out months, such is our current luck with injuries. Layer on top of that Barnes and Ünder played the full 90 tonight and therefore probably won't feature from the start as a result, and you are back with the old 541 with 4 CMs from Monday. Unless he goes mental and plays Perez or Gray.

Either way, as others have said, it just wouldn't be Leicester if we didn't lose this. 

Reckon we'll win.

Kasper

Fofana - Evans - Justin

Ricardo                                         Thomas

Ndidi

Maddison - Tielemans - Barnes

Vardy

Unsure about Justin as LCB but only putting him there because not sure if Fuchs will start?

Hopefully Barnes thrives off having a more mobile forward ahead of him. I think he'll get more space to work with and be creative with. 

If Ricardo can't/doesn't play full 90, put Justin there and bring on Fuchs. Mendy on for Ndidi for same reason too. 

Need the win for the confidence boost.  The positive being that Vardy, Kasper, Evans, Youri will/should be well rested having not travelled today. They can carry us through this game hopefully.

28 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Kasper

Fofana, Evans, Fuchs

Praet

Vardy

Final score 1-0 

God, this seems horribly possible 

Anyone could take us at the moment. Gone from imperious form to a team struggling to create any meaningful chances and conceding a lot more than before.

Don't know what was said and done during the International Break but it has really disrupted any flow we had before then. 

I shouldn't be nervous playing the team rooted to the bottom of the league, but given our recent diabolical performance against Fulham, I am far from optimistic.

15 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Anyone could take us at the moment. Gone from imperious form to a team struggling to create any meaningful chances and conceding a lot more than before.

Don't know what was said and done during the International Break but it has really disrupted any flow we had before then. 

I shouldn't be nervous playing the team rooted to the bottom of the league, but given our recent diabolical performance against Fulham, I am far from optimistic.

Basically if Vardy doesn’t play we are crap. Sterile possession as Wenger used to say.

Edited by jim5000

33 minutes ago, hejammy said:

As in why would you play it here? Surely we need to be more attacking against a team at the bottom of the league with 1 point out of 10 games? 

Because they struggle against systems that match their own and we played well last time we were in a rut against them.