Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Pre Match thread

Hopefully we'll show a little more patience, (and possibly 'maturity'), in front of goal this time - instead of just getting to the box and blasting it over/wide.  We know Vardy and Nacho can score if given the opportunity - but they need to be given it, first!  The last two matches have been so frustrating!

21 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Hopefully we'll show a little more patience, (and possibly 'maturity'), in front of goal this time - instead of just getting to the box and blasting it over/wide.  We know Vardy and Nacho can score if given the opportunity - but they need to be given it, first!  The last two matches have been so frustrating!

How much more patience do we need to show? Passing it side to side along our back line then backwards.

As for getting to the box? What’s that mean? We get a nosebleed turn backwards again when we get in the final third.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Vardy won’t let us lose to Sheffield United, even if the others try their best for us to. 

6-4 to Leicester Vardy scoring all 6 in anger at how shit everyone else is and out of hatred for Sheffield United. 

Not so sure about 6 but good old Jamie hates the blades and normally bags against them. 

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Kasper

Ricardo Fofona Evans Thomas

Nididi

Maddison  Tielemans

Under                      Barnes
              Vardy  

Sadly, can't see Ric being fit enough to start this. Would be great to field that midfield and front 3, though. Fingers crossed that Wilf can play and Brendan is brave enough to pick that front 3 with Maddison and Youri behind them.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Our players lack belief right now. We should bring in an in house Psychologist and set piece coach and try and address some of the issues within the squad

Psychologist? Takes me back to Hoddle's last days with England. We'll be bringing in prayer mats and bible discussion groups next. 

Seriously Rodgers has enough staff and assistants to tell them to wake up. He's been very defensive and supportive of the team lately despite abject performances since the last International break. I'm not sure what Rodgers is like and whether he kicks bottles and throws teacups around. I'd like to think so but I guess not.  

He needs to be far more positive though as the team play as he sets them up. Lack of a real leader on the pitch bar Kasper is the main issue I think. 

Delighted that Wilf came through last night, but I wouldn't start him on Sunday. Bench. Start again against AEK, then hopefully he will be good to go. He might be needed to cover at CB in the coming weeks, so no point rushing back on Sunday as I don't think Mendy has been a big problem. Indeed up until last week he'd been player of the season for a few people. Likewise we just can't rush Ricky P. Hopefully he can play next Thursday, perhaps even the full 90 if the groin niggle he felt last night is no more than a niggle. Then he might be good to start in the Prem in about 2 weeks time, against Everton or Spurs. 

kasper

justin evans fofana thomas

mendy tielemans 

under ayoze barnes

vardy

maddison really shouldnt start, has been quite poor and i reckon perez could do a good job against these lot. i like maddison, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt been great lately. might need a rest 

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

My theory is hes badly injured and it was avoidable but they don't want to say. The message keeps being one more week - hes been out for 7 weeks with a slight issue now.

Probably something to do with the transfer window being open in 3 weeks and us 'probably' desperately needing a left back...